- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
How to "siphon" money
Deputy opposition leader Julie Bishop says Julia Gillard deliberately did not open a file when she helped set up union slush fund in the 1990s because she wanted to hide the fact it would be used to "siphon" money.
Ms Bishop on Tuesday also admitted she met the notorious union bagman Ralph Blewitt on Friday. He returned to Australia last week to give a statement to police about the AWU fraud.
As a lawyer with Slater Gordon, the prime minister advised her then partner Bruce Wilson and Mr Blewitt on the establishment of the Australian Workers' Union Workplace Reform Association.
Ms Bishop on Tuesday said Ms Gillard had set up an "unauthorised association" that was in breach of West Australian laws.
"The reason she didn't open a file within Slater Gordon - a file that would have shown a new legal entity was set up - was because she and Wilson and Blewitt wanted to hide from the AWU the fact that an unauthorised entity was being set up to siphon funds through it for their benefit and not for the benefit of the AWU," she told reporters in Canberra.
Zero legal background CRY and Gayle.
Two points though CRY
Gillard resigned of her own free will to pursue a political career. She was given the benefit of the doubt after a minor enquiry by Slater and Gordon. It's on the public record.
The house that was purchased had nothing to do with her.
It's on the public record.
It's all over, 17 years of enquiries, investigations, police investigations, media investigations and parlianmentary questions have found zip, zero zilch and it's only right wing loonies who continue to pursue what is an incredibly petty issue.Bob Lord Friday 30 November, 2012 - 11:10 AM
Bob, Bob, Bob, you are good ALP debater; picking the eyes out the argument. First off, all I was doing was highlighting where my comments did have basis in fact and you then did agree I was right but at the same time try and point out where it was legal. So lets start again.
1. She was a partner in the firm, she had the authority to go ahead with minor actions. Big Deal - no crime there.
Ans. Slater and Gordon thought it was out of line, they made her resign.
2. No official file opened, correct. She did however have a general file open. All lawyers have general files for the times they provide legal advice to particular clients - it is common practice. General files are destroyed after 7 years. Big Deal - no crime there.
Ans. Slater and Gordon thought it was out of line, they made her resign. Also how convenient to do a shady deal that way knowing that the file is destroyed after 7 years, discriminating evidence gone.
3. Yep, she went to the auction with her boyfriend. Big Deal - no crime there.
Ans. No crime there but as Gillard was in a relationship with Wilson, most partners would ask the question, where is the deposit monies coming from honey.
4. Wilson paid for the house. Big Deal - no crime there
Ans. No crime, no crime, which part of paying with a cheque which was drawn from the account operated by the entity Gillard set up do you find legal.CRY FREEDOM Friday 30 November, 2012 - 10:05 AM
Gayle, thank you for bringing up Bob Lords legal background, at least I know I am not crazy and that someone else is aware of him eluding to having some sort of legal background.CRY FREEDOM Friday 30 November, 2012 - 8:55 AM
Bob I would have thought that after 20 years of working for the Government Solicitor you would be aware of the Australian Solicitors Conduct Rules, specifically the ones where a solicitor represents more than one party involved in a particular matter, and or the relationship between a solicitor and the person they are acting for in a matter that involves other persons that have an interest in that matterGayle Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 2:22 PM
Bishop vs Gillard.
All publicity that promtes Julie Bishops name to the ignorant masses is good publicity.
She has drawn Gillard into her web, now the game really begins.
Julie Bishop has more integrity in her little finger than Juliar has in her whole cabinet.Rich Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:32 PM
Er Cry you said he was "OF"topic....ooops.roger Thursday 29 November, 2012 - 12:25 PM