- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Gunman kills 26 in US
Twenty small children and six teachers have been massacred in the US by a young gunman who walked into a quiet suburban Connecticut school armed with sophisticated handguns.
Connecticut State Police spokesman Lieutenant PAUL VANCE says 18 children were killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and two more died of their wounds in hospital.
Six adults at the school were killed, including its principal, before the killer was shot -- either by his own hand or police.
Police say there were very few non-fatal injuries reported, indicating that once targeted, there was rarely any chance of escape, and that the gunman was unusually accurate in his fire.
In addition to the bloodbath at the school another body was found at a residence in Newtown, bringing the total bodycount so far to 28.
A tearful President BARACK OBAMA went on national television to express his "overwhelming grief."
Given the current as well as the short and medium term financial and military status of the US I wouldnt vote for gun control. However the extent of gun violence in America is disproportionately higher than any other nation including the Middle East. The solution does not exist within weak and pathetic politicians like laughing boy. The quantity and magnitude of violence presented by Hollywood and the media can no longer be ignored as a contributing factor. Violence is not only overwhelming but in combination with a catchy soundtrack and infantile comments the on screen perpetrators are actively presented as heroes. A government CANNOT allow and support such an overwhelming diet of violence sold as entertainment and then deny their responsibility for the real violence that follows. In addition we must consider the extent and period and legitimacy of US international violence in the form of wars. Do as I say but not as I do is simply not good enough. Then we must consider the controlling majority party behind Hollywood and media and US military policy influence. They are all the same party. First the pendulum of international opinion swings. After a lag the international community implements actions to support the new opinion. The actions become increasingly powerful until the situation is corrected. In the lag period between a change in opinion and actions many do not realise the extent of danger until it is too late. By the time action is taken international opinion has often risen to boiling point and any preventative action to halt the process is often futile. It is abundantly clear that international opinion towards violence in America and Israel has changed dramatically. America must stand alone and take decisive action to change before it is too late.An International Disgrace Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM
here in connecticut this horror should not have happened, I seealmost none of these in AUSTRALIA.janus Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Much grief throughout the world. Much lack of understanding why the US continues with their insane gun laws. Although these handguns were legal it says a lot about a society that in a safe small town their elementary school had to have security.
I can't be sure but do Australian schools need to have security.Bob Lord Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 6:55 AM