- 4BC Ashes call-to-arms
- Cricket calendar: Live on 4BC in 2013-14
- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Kaylyn on Greg Cary calls time out Well greg my mother listened to your grandfather and now im listening to you ( not much longer though ) it will be a person ... more
- Kaylyn on 12 things about Ben Davis welcome Ben.. more
- Mark Edmiston on Greg Cary calls time out Greg ,the voice of Qld , you have entertained and informed us.I regard you as a friend and look forward to you next ... more
- Winsome Gardner on Greg Cary calls time out Just want to wish Greg Carey all the best. I will miss his morning show. He is the best on radio by far. He is well-read ... more
- jacqui on 50 years of The Seekers hi seekers thanks for last nights concert was really fun and happylove Jacqui more
- Jack2967 on Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go? He'll never clear it up (because we won't make him), and he'll never sing at the Christmas carols (thank goodness). Just ... more
- Bob Lord on 'Qlders don't want more pollies' NewmanThe reason it didn't come up when 70000 Qlders had their say on a long term plan for Qld is since the Jo era ... more
Gunman kills 26 in US
Twenty small children and six teachers have been massacred in the US by a young gunman who walked into a quiet suburban Connecticut school armed with sophisticated handguns.
Connecticut State Police spokesman Lieutenant PAUL VANCE says 18 children were killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and two more died of their wounds in hospital.
Six adults at the school were killed, including its principal, before the killer was shot -- either by his own hand or police.
Police say there were very few non-fatal injuries reported, indicating that once targeted, there was rarely any chance of escape, and that the gunman was unusually accurate in his fire.
In addition to the bloodbath at the school another body was found at a residence in Newtown, bringing the total bodycount so far to 28.
A tearful President BARACK OBAMA went on national television to express his "overwhelming grief."
Given the current as well as the short and medium term financial and military status of the US I wouldnt vote for gun control. However the extent of gun violence in America is disproportionately higher than any other nation including the Middle East. The solution does not exist within weak and pathetic politicians like laughing boy. The quantity and magnitude of violence presented by Hollywood and the media can no longer be ignored as a contributing factor. Violence is not only overwhelming but in combination with a catchy soundtrack and infantile comments the on screen perpetrators are actively presented as heroes. A government CANNOT allow and support such an overwhelming diet of violence sold as entertainment and then deny their responsibility for the real violence that follows. In addition we must consider the extent and period and legitimacy of US international violence in the form of wars. Do as I say but not as I do is simply not good enough. Then we must consider the controlling majority party behind Hollywood and media and US military policy influence. They are all the same party. First the pendulum of international opinion swings. After a lag the international community implements actions to support the new opinion. The actions become increasingly powerful until the situation is corrected. In the lag period between a change in opinion and actions many do not realise the extent of danger until it is too late. By the time action is taken international opinion has often risen to boiling point and any preventative action to halt the process is often futile. It is abundantly clear that international opinion towards violence in America and Israel has changed dramatically. America must stand alone and take decisive action to change before it is too late.An International Disgrace Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM
here in connecticut this horror should not have happened, I seealmost none of these in AUSTRALIA.janus Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Much grief throughout the world. Much lack of understanding why the US continues with their insane gun laws. Although these handguns were legal it says a lot about a society that in a safe small town their elementary school had to have security.
I can't be sure but do Australian schools need to have security.Bob Lord Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 6:55 AM