- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Gunman kills 26 in US
Twenty small children and six teachers have been massacred in the US by a young gunman who walked into a quiet suburban Connecticut school armed with sophisticated handguns.
Connecticut State Police spokesman Lieutenant PAUL VANCE says 18 children were killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and two more died of their wounds in hospital.
Six adults at the school were killed, including its principal, before the killer was shot -- either by his own hand or police.
Police say there were very few non-fatal injuries reported, indicating that once targeted, there was rarely any chance of escape, and that the gunman was unusually accurate in his fire.
In addition to the bloodbath at the school another body was found at a residence in Newtown, bringing the total bodycount so far to 28.
A tearful President BARACK OBAMA went on national television to express his "overwhelming grief."
Given the current as well as the short and medium term financial and military status of the US I wouldnt vote for gun control. However the extent of gun violence in America is disproportionately higher than any other nation including the Middle East. The solution does not exist within weak and pathetic politicians like laughing boy. The quantity and magnitude of violence presented by Hollywood and the media can no longer be ignored as a contributing factor. Violence is not only overwhelming but in combination with a catchy soundtrack and infantile comments the on screen perpetrators are actively presented as heroes. A government CANNOT allow and support such an overwhelming diet of violence sold as entertainment and then deny their responsibility for the real violence that follows. In addition we must consider the extent and period and legitimacy of US international violence in the form of wars. Do as I say but not as I do is simply not good enough. Then we must consider the controlling majority party behind Hollywood and media and US military policy influence. They are all the same party. First the pendulum of international opinion swings. After a lag the international community implements actions to support the new opinion. The actions become increasingly powerful until the situation is corrected. In the lag period between a change in opinion and actions many do not realise the extent of danger until it is too late. By the time action is taken international opinion has often risen to boiling point and any preventative action to halt the process is often futile. It is abundantly clear that international opinion towards violence in America and Israel has changed dramatically. America must stand alone and take decisive action to change before it is too late.An International Disgrace Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM
here in connecticut this horror should not have happened, I seealmost none of these in AUSTRALIA.janus Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Much grief throughout the world. Much lack of understanding why the US continues with their insane gun laws. Although these handguns were legal it says a lot about a society that in a safe small town their elementary school had to have security.
I can't be sure but do Australian schools need to have security.Bob Lord Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 6:55 AM