- Doug Murray passes
- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Richad Read on Boland back for Brisbane Warren did major Games commentary work for me in the 1990s so I am well aware of his professionalism. I was stunned when I ... more
- Mike Gordon on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thank you 4BC for bringing the CCT back. I for one did write to 4BC management when the decision to take the CCT program ... more
- Carly Melville on DrinkWise with Susie O'Neill Professional practise review;The campaign assumes that this demographic have the knowledge and ability to judge their ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
Gunman kills 26 in US
Twenty small children and six teachers have been massacred in the US by a young gunman who walked into a quiet suburban Connecticut school armed with sophisticated handguns.
Connecticut State Police spokesman Lieutenant PAUL VANCE says 18 children were killed inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and two more died of their wounds in hospital.
Six adults at the school were killed, including its principal, before the killer was shot -- either by his own hand or police.
Police say there were very few non-fatal injuries reported, indicating that once targeted, there was rarely any chance of escape, and that the gunman was unusually accurate in his fire.
In addition to the bloodbath at the school another body was found at a residence in Newtown, bringing the total bodycount so far to 28.
A tearful President BARACK OBAMA went on national television to express his "overwhelming grief."
Given the current as well as the short and medium term financial and military status of the US I wouldnt vote for gun control. However the extent of gun violence in America is disproportionately higher than any other nation including the Middle East. The solution does not exist within weak and pathetic politicians like laughing boy. The quantity and magnitude of violence presented by Hollywood and the media can no longer be ignored as a contributing factor. Violence is not only overwhelming but in combination with a catchy soundtrack and infantile comments the on screen perpetrators are actively presented as heroes. A government CANNOT allow and support such an overwhelming diet of violence sold as entertainment and then deny their responsibility for the real violence that follows. In addition we must consider the extent and period and legitimacy of US international violence in the form of wars. Do as I say but not as I do is simply not good enough. Then we must consider the controlling majority party behind Hollywood and media and US military policy influence. They are all the same party. First the pendulum of international opinion swings. After a lag the international community implements actions to support the new opinion. The actions become increasingly powerful until the situation is corrected. In the lag period between a change in opinion and actions many do not realise the extent of danger until it is too late. By the time action is taken international opinion has often risen to boiling point and any preventative action to halt the process is often futile. It is abundantly clear that international opinion towards violence in America and Israel has changed dramatically. America must stand alone and take decisive action to change before it is too late.An International Disgrace Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 3:20 PM
here in connecticut this horror should not have happened, I seealmost none of these in AUSTRALIA.janus Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 9:12 AM
Much grief throughout the world. Much lack of understanding why the US continues with their insane gun laws. Although these handguns were legal it says a lot about a society that in a safe small town their elementary school had to have security.
I can't be sure but do Australian schools need to have security.Bob Lord Sunday 16 December, 2012 - 6:55 AM