- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- Virgin loss, $83.7M
- Brett Peter Cowan, 'confession'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, your powers of comprehension haven't improved any, I see. Let me spell in it out for you, I will type very slowly for ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge if property owners want a bridge, then they should pay for it. The big jump in property values will offset the cost. more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, if management can not negotiate sustainable costs for the company, then they should move over so the owners can employ ... more
- Andrew on Qantas plane collision Oops...that should buff right out.... more
- James W on Gov Boats to send back seekers john, how far go we go back? more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Now you whinge James W that Management pays too much, due to the union interference. Can't make up your confused addled ... more
- mick on Calls for Island bridge If you do not like the transport arrangements of Russell Island you should move. Why should the mainland pay the millions ... more
- john on MP 'blood on his hands' If Scott has blood on his hands then Sue, you and your Labor friends must be swimming in blood with the hundreds drowned on ... more
- Greg Crews on MP 'blood on his hands' Yes Barry, the ALP/Greens set this joint up as a knee jerk reation under KRudd Mk2. Why wasn't Burke, Bowen pillaried for ... more
Gibbons, lets fly, then says sorry
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has rebuked one of her MPs after he called senior Liberal Julie Bishop "a narcissistic bimbo".
Just after 8am (AEDT) on Wednesday Victorian MP Steve Gibbons tweeted: "Libs are led by a gutless douchebag and a narcissistic bimbo who aren't fit to be MPs let alone PM and Deputy. Both should be sacked."
His tweet came as cabinet minister Craig Emerson was demanding Ms Bishop resign or be sacked for lying about how many times she'd spoken with notorious former union bagman Ralph Blewitt last week about the AWU slush fund scandal.
The tweet was quickly criticised by fellow Labor MPs and, later, by Ms Gillard.
A spokesman for the prime minister said she had "made clear to Mr Gibbons that his remarks were offensive and he has rightly apologised".
After a Twitter backlash, Mr Gibbons tweeted at 8.45am: "Apologies to those offended by my use of the word Bimbo. I'll replace that word with Fool."
An hour later he added: "To all of those offended by my Tweet posts this morning - I unreservedly apologise."
But the federal opposition is demanding more than a simple "sorry".
Status of women spokeswoman Michaelia Cash says the prime minister should force Mr Gibbons to stand down as deputy chair of a parliamentary committee.
"If Ms Gillard fails to take action immediately this will confirm that her statements in relation to misogyny and sexism are worth nothing and are part of a concerted campaign to undermine Tony Abbott," Senator Cash said in a statement.
"If the PM fails to take action this will expose the sheer hypocrisy and shameful double standards of the ALP."
Mr Gibbons, who has announced he is retiring from parliament at the next election, has a history of making colourful statements.
He called Kevin Rudd "a psychopath with a giant ego" during the former prime minister's leadership challenge in February.
Families Minister Jenny Macklin on Wednesday said the backbencher's language was clearly inappropriate.
"Nobody should use that language about other members of parliament," she told Sky News.
Sydney Labor MP Ed Husic said: "Steve, I love you, but you're way out of line."
Ms Bishop did not front the media on Wednesday but she did issue a statement which sought to clarify why she claimed on Tuesday that she'd only spoken with Mr Blewitt once.
What was Said
0810: Libs are led by a gutless douchebag and a narcissistic bimbo who aren't fit to be MP's let alone PM and Deputy. Both should be sacked.
0845: Apologies to those offended by my use of the word Bimbo. I'll replace that word with Fool.
0846: Libs are led by a gutless douchebag and a narcissistic fool who aren't fit to be MPs let alone PM and Deputy. Both should be sacked.
0953: To all of those offended by my Tweet posts this morning - I unreservedly apologise.
Bob, Do you write Gibbo's tweets for him except for the one where he admitted he was wrong.
Nice Backflip Gibbo.Rich Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 2:06 PM
This Federal ALP Member across the time that he's been on the Twitter Social Forum site, has posted some very interesting messages and now he's be rebuked.Canberra Observer Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 12:02 PM
Gawd, what's happening now. First Tony thinks he can ignore the fact that he is leader of the opposition in Parliament and today after having been the head blonde for two days Ms Bishop has disappeared.
Must be studying the dirt files, she did mess up a lot of things.Bob Lord Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 12:01 PM