- Looking back: RSPCA pets
- Ban work emails, after hours
- Drug syndicate smashed
- Save Brisbane's history
- Electricity savings on way
- GE Money vulnerable
- Whooping cough more resilient
- Dog toilets for Brisbane airport
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, even David T agrees that my comment was sensible, it got him talking again. more
- Gordon Heelan on Save Brisbane's history Do you think the Bonded Store Buildings should be saved and heritage listed?Yes I do as history is a important part of our ... more
- Bob Lord on Electricity savings on way So the plan is to increase the risk of blackouts because people aren't prepared to pay for the excellent electricity service ... more
- Bob Lord on “$80 billion black cloud" Major infrastructure investment occurring in Qld over the past few years before LNP according to the Commission of Audit:1. ... more
- Gus Nathan on Vale, Haydn Sargent Really sad to learn of Hayden Sargent's passing away. Ever since our arrival in Australia in 1975, we tuned to 4 BC daily ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Yes James, I'm waiting for you to say something sensible. more
- James W on “$80 billion black cloud" So the $4Bn per year we pay in interest could pay for so many schools, so many klms of roads and so many hospitals. What do ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, AUstralia had never had AAA from all 3 major ratings agencies before Rudd was PM, FACT. more
- Warren on Live webcam over Brisbane River. I would like to use your webcam. Seeing what you and your guests look like in the studio adds enjoyment to listening to ... more
- mick on Colmslie saves it's Fish Factory Khushdeep ring Rudd's missus she is supposed to be the guru in placing people into jobs at a great expense to the taxpayer. more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" the recent state labor governments are the ones who have lost the aaa ratings in recent years. In Fact the most Triple A ... more
- mick on Obesity a personal issue? Jack2967 obesity in itself can be the symptom of many other chronic illnesses and the result of medications used to treat ... more
- Where is it? on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC What's happened to Fresh on Sunday? Disappeared when the CCT returned. Are you going to put it on at a different time?Would ... more
- victor Madison on Promising signs for HIV cure I want to say hello to the world at large, I am very grateful for the good deeds DR.OGODOMEN did for me, I was a HIV ... more
- Elisa Jed on MiniMovers fleet sabotaged Did they find the person that sabotaged the moving trucks? This is definitely a hard time to lose so many trucks. I think ... more
- Annie Johnston on Boland back for Brisbane Warren, it is so good to see you are back on the radio. 4BCs gain is ABC's loss. And what a loss it is! Your league of ... more
- Steve Yeppoon on Boland back for Brisbane Driving out to work this morning and planning to listen to Warren for the 3 hour drive. Disappointed to learn Warrens not on ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Gone quite quiet again David T. more
- Bob Lord on Mobile tech leading way Ah. Just a little. Currently 2 smartphones, 2 tablets and a laptop make use of a cable broadband, home wifi and a portable ... more
- kerry jacques on Boland back for Brisbane I likewise , loved Saturday Mornings with Warren , just the variety of his programme was excellent , come on 4bc , move it ... more
Gibbons, lets fly, then says sorry
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has rebuked one of her MPs after he called senior Liberal Julie Bishop "a narcissistic bimbo".
Just after 8am (AEDT) on Wednesday Victorian MP Steve Gibbons tweeted: "Libs are led by a gutless douchebag and a narcissistic bimbo who aren't fit to be MPs let alone PM and Deputy. Both should be sacked."
His tweet came as cabinet minister Craig Emerson was demanding Ms Bishop resign or be sacked for lying about how many times she'd spoken with notorious former union bagman Ralph Blewitt last week about the AWU slush fund scandal.
The tweet was quickly criticised by fellow Labor MPs and, later, by Ms Gillard.
A spokesman for the prime minister said she had "made clear to Mr Gibbons that his remarks were offensive and he has rightly apologised".
After a Twitter backlash, Mr Gibbons tweeted at 8.45am: "Apologies to those offended by my use of the word Bimbo. I'll replace that word with Fool."
An hour later he added: "To all of those offended by my Tweet posts this morning - I unreservedly apologise."
But the federal opposition is demanding more than a simple "sorry".
Status of women spokeswoman Michaelia Cash says the prime minister should force Mr Gibbons to stand down as deputy chair of a parliamentary committee.
"If Ms Gillard fails to take action immediately this will confirm that her statements in relation to misogyny and sexism are worth nothing and are part of a concerted campaign to undermine Tony Abbott," Senator Cash said in a statement.
"If the PM fails to take action this will expose the sheer hypocrisy and shameful double standards of the ALP."
Mr Gibbons, who has announced he is retiring from parliament at the next election, has a history of making colourful statements.
He called Kevin Rudd "a psychopath with a giant ego" during the former prime minister's leadership challenge in February.
Families Minister Jenny Macklin on Wednesday said the backbencher's language was clearly inappropriate.
"Nobody should use that language about other members of parliament," she told Sky News.
Sydney Labor MP Ed Husic said: "Steve, I love you, but you're way out of line."
Ms Bishop did not front the media on Wednesday but she did issue a statement which sought to clarify why she claimed on Tuesday that she'd only spoken with Mr Blewitt once.
What was Said
0810: Libs are led by a gutless douchebag and a narcissistic bimbo who aren't fit to be MP's let alone PM and Deputy. Both should be sacked.
0845: Apologies to those offended by my use of the word Bimbo. I'll replace that word with Fool.
0846: Libs are led by a gutless douchebag and a narcissistic fool who aren't fit to be MPs let alone PM and Deputy. Both should be sacked.
0953: To all of those offended by my Tweet posts this morning - I unreservedly apologise.
Bob, Do you write Gibbo's tweets for him except for the one where he admitted he was wrong.
Nice Backflip Gibbo.Rich Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 2:06 PM
This Federal ALP Member across the time that he's been on the Twitter Social Forum site, has posted some very interesting messages and now he's be rebuked.Canberra Observer Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 12:02 PM
Gawd, what's happening now. First Tony thinks he can ignore the fact that he is leader of the opposition in Parliament and today after having been the head blonde for two days Ms Bishop has disappeared.
Must be studying the dirt files, she did mess up a lot of things.Bob Lord Wednesday 28 November, 2012 - 12:01 PM