- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Find a home for Betty
4BC Weekend Nights: The Lost Dogs’ Home contacted John Scott to highlight the case of Betty the dog who cannot seem to get adopted.
Betty the terrier mix is an older lady, around nine-years-old. With a face that’s full of character, Betty has been awaiting a new home at our Warra Shelter in Bracken Ridge for six weeks. We really want to find her a loving home in time for Christmas.
We find that dogs of Betty’s age are often overlooked, in favour of pups and young adults. However we know that, for the right person (someone perhaps of mature age like Betty herself), she would make an excellent companion.
Don’t be put off by Betty’s age: she is in good health and still enjoys regular walks. We’re sure that, given half the chance, Betty would be quite at home on a couch – or a lap (Betty’s a bit large to be the ideal lap dog, but she doesn’t think so!).
Betty has many good years ahead of her yet – and don’t believe you can’t teach an old dog new tricks!
Betty has a sweet nature and just wants a home to call her own, with a special someone to give her the love and attention she deserves. We know she will give that love back a thousand-fold to the person who gives her a chance.
Staff at our Warra shelter are very fond of Betty and it breaks their hearts to see people constantly pass her by. Most of the dogs up for adoption find a new home in a few days, but every now and then dogs like Betty take much longer, and we need help to reach a wider audience to find her a home.
It would be fantastic if 4BC could assist us in finding Betty a forever home, as well as promoting the other dogs and cats for adoption at our shelters in Willawong and Warra. Now is a great time to adopt from The Lost Dogs’ Home: we are offering half-price adoptions at the shelters for the month of December. To adopt at 50% off, people must successfully complete our free, online Pet Licence test at www.petlicence.com.au, and bring the certificate in with them.
All dogs and cats are desexed, vaccinated and microchipped.
For more information on Betty, please call Shelter Manager Jodie Addamo on 0418 341 492.