- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Garry Parmenter on Mary Collier Press Release The Mr W favourite teams in no particular order have been Jamie Dunn and Ian Coulter, Moyd and Loretta, Peter Dick and Mary ... more
- Krystyna on Mary Collier Press Release Highly intelligent; quick witted and so knowledgeable. You engaged a diverse range of listeners, and I believe you carried ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Mary Collier Press Release HOPE THE 4BC 2014 LINEUP GETS MANY MORE LISTENERS IAN SKIPPEN, LORRETTA RYAN AND THE TEAM GO WELL MANY YOUNGER LISTENERS ... more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
Find a home for Betty
4BC Weekend Nights: The Lost Dogs’ Home contacted John Scott to highlight the case of Betty the dog who cannot seem to get adopted.
Betty the terrier mix is an older lady, around nine-years-old. With a face that’s full of character, Betty has been awaiting a new home at our Warra Shelter in Bracken Ridge for six weeks. We really want to find her a loving home in time for Christmas.
We find that dogs of Betty’s age are often overlooked, in favour of pups and young adults. However we know that, for the right person (someone perhaps of mature age like Betty herself), she would make an excellent companion.
Don’t be put off by Betty’s age: she is in good health and still enjoys regular walks. We’re sure that, given half the chance, Betty would be quite at home on a couch – or a lap (Betty’s a bit large to be the ideal lap dog, but she doesn’t think so!).
Betty has many good years ahead of her yet – and don’t believe you can’t teach an old dog new tricks!
Betty has a sweet nature and just wants a home to call her own, with a special someone to give her the love and attention she deserves. We know she will give that love back a thousand-fold to the person who gives her a chance.
Staff at our Warra shelter are very fond of Betty and it breaks their hearts to see people constantly pass her by. Most of the dogs up for adoption find a new home in a few days, but every now and then dogs like Betty take much longer, and we need help to reach a wider audience to find her a home.
It would be fantastic if 4BC could assist us in finding Betty a forever home, as well as promoting the other dogs and cats for adoption at our shelters in Willawong and Warra. Now is a great time to adopt from The Lost Dogs’ Home: we are offering half-price adoptions at the shelters for the month of December. To adopt at 50% off, people must successfully complete our free, online Pet Licence test at www.petlicence.com.au, and bring the certificate in with them.
All dogs and cats are desexed, vaccinated and microchipped.
For more information on Betty, please call Shelter Manager Jodie Addamo on 0418 341 492.