- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- marg on Mary Collier Press Release you have lost me. moyd was great with Loretta. where is the garden show more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Garry Parmenter on Mary Collier Press Release The Mr W favourite teams in no particular order have been Jamie Dunn and Ian Coulter, Moyd and Loretta, Peter Dick and Mary ... more
- Krystyna on Mary Collier Press Release Highly intelligent; quick witted and so knowledgeable. You engaged a diverse range of listeners, and I believe you carried ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Mary Collier Press Release HOPE THE 4BC 2014 LINEUP GETS MANY MORE LISTENERS IAN SKIPPEN, LORRETTA RYAN AND THE TEAM GO WELL MANY YOUNGER LISTENERS ... more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
Ferguson found dead
4BC News: One of Australia's most despised criminals, pedophile Dennis Ferguson, has been found dead in his Sydney flat.
Police and paramedics were called to a unit block in Surry Hills on Sunday afternoon and found the 64-year-old dead inside his unit.
"Initial inquiries suggest there are no suspicious circumstances," a police spokesman told AAP.
Ferguson was jailed for 14 years in 1987 for kidnapping and sexually molesting three children, aged 6, 7 and 8, in a Brisbane motel.
His release spawned a vigilante style movement that saw angry parents drive him out of his accommodation in Ipswich, Murgon, Miles, Bundaberg, Toowoomba and Logan City, south of Brisbane.
He relocated to NSW in 2009, with then Queensland Premier Anna Bligh saying she was relieved to be rid of the child abuser.
But his troubles continued despite the move.
In October this year, he was charged with contravening a child protection prohibition order.
He failed to inform NSW Police that he intended to seek or undertake voluntary work that would have put him in contact with children.
Police had issued him a court attendance notice for next week.
In 2009, when residents in the Sydney suburb of Ryde discovered the registered sex offender had been granted a five-year public housing lease there, anger erupted.
One resident left a replica coffin outside the unit after Ferguson publicly said he would only leave his new home in a pine box.
The NSW government quickly passed legislation allowing Housing NSW to terminate the public housing leases of registered child sex offenders. The locks on Ferguson's Ryde unit were changed and his lease was terminated.
Since then, he has been living at an undisclosed location, after agreeing to a set of terms with NSW police in July 2010 about his access to children.
The terms were agreed seven months after a Sydney court rejected a police application to ban Ferguson from areas frequented by children after he was spotted in the change rooms of an inner-city Sydney pool.
In a November 2009 interview with the ABC's Four Corners program, Ferguson said he was no longer a threat to the community.
He said people who were sexually attracted to children lost interest in them over time.
"Myself? Children don't bother me," Ferguson said.
"I'm no longer interested."
But he went on to say he'd consider chemical castration if it was deemed safe and effective.
In January 2010, Ferguson won court-ordered protection from the former neighbour who left the replica coffin at his front door.
Ferguson was granted a two-year apprehended violence order (AVO) against father of three Sean Killgallon.
The scum got all he deserved, zealot.James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 11:40 AM
Whatever the man did do does not deserve the biggoted and filthy remark from the morally offfesive hetty braveheart.She sickens me.The day is dawning when her good intention will prove to be her dare I say it her respectfull end, eventually falling off her self proclaimed pedestal.No human deserves to die alone or unwanted..
All her supposed intentions are now meaningless.Alan Jones media broadcaster can't get away with public criticism why should this woman who has displayed uncharitable moralism not cop the same scrutiny.It is just not on, this jingoistic moral approach to savage one and not her.
She is nothing short of a judas goat.reformation zealot Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 10:43 AM
good riddance to bad rubbishandy Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:40 AM