- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Ferguson found dead
4BC News: One of Australia's most despised criminals, pedophile Dennis Ferguson, has been found dead in his Sydney flat.
Police and paramedics were called to a unit block in Surry Hills on Sunday afternoon and found the 64-year-old dead inside his unit.
"Initial inquiries suggest there are no suspicious circumstances," a police spokesman told AAP.
Ferguson was jailed for 14 years in 1987 for kidnapping and sexually molesting three children, aged 6, 7 and 8, in a Brisbane motel.
His release spawned a vigilante style movement that saw angry parents drive him out of his accommodation in Ipswich, Murgon, Miles, Bundaberg, Toowoomba and Logan City, south of Brisbane.
He relocated to NSW in 2009, with then Queensland Premier Anna Bligh saying she was relieved to be rid of the child abuser.
But his troubles continued despite the move.
In October this year, he was charged with contravening a child protection prohibition order.
He failed to inform NSW Police that he intended to seek or undertake voluntary work that would have put him in contact with children.
Police had issued him a court attendance notice for next week.
In 2009, when residents in the Sydney suburb of Ryde discovered the registered sex offender had been granted a five-year public housing lease there, anger erupted.
One resident left a replica coffin outside the unit after Ferguson publicly said he would only leave his new home in a pine box.
The NSW government quickly passed legislation allowing Housing NSW to terminate the public housing leases of registered child sex offenders. The locks on Ferguson's Ryde unit were changed and his lease was terminated.
Since then, he has been living at an undisclosed location, after agreeing to a set of terms with NSW police in July 2010 about his access to children.
The terms were agreed seven months after a Sydney court rejected a police application to ban Ferguson from areas frequented by children after he was spotted in the change rooms of an inner-city Sydney pool.
In a November 2009 interview with the ABC's Four Corners program, Ferguson said he was no longer a threat to the community.
He said people who were sexually attracted to children lost interest in them over time.
"Myself? Children don't bother me," Ferguson said.
"I'm no longer interested."
But he went on to say he'd consider chemical castration if it was deemed safe and effective.
In January 2010, Ferguson won court-ordered protection from the former neighbour who left the replica coffin at his front door.
Ferguson was granted a two-year apprehended violence order (AVO) against father of three Sean Killgallon.
The scum got all he deserved, zealot.James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 11:40 AM
Whatever the man did do does not deserve the biggoted and filthy remark from the morally offfesive hetty braveheart.She sickens me.The day is dawning when her good intention will prove to be her dare I say it her respectfull end, eventually falling off her self proclaimed pedestal.No human deserves to die alone or unwanted..
All her supposed intentions are now meaningless.Alan Jones media broadcaster can't get away with public criticism why should this woman who has displayed uncharitable moralism not cop the same scrutiny.It is just not on, this jingoistic moral approach to savage one and not her.
She is nothing short of a judas goat.reformation zealot Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 10:43 AM
good riddance to bad rubbishandy Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:40 AM