- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Ferguson found dead
4BC News: One of Australia's most despised criminals, pedophile Dennis Ferguson, has been found dead in his Sydney flat.
Police and paramedics were called to a unit block in Surry Hills on Sunday afternoon and found the 64-year-old dead inside his unit.
"Initial inquiries suggest there are no suspicious circumstances," a police spokesman told AAP.
Ferguson was jailed for 14 years in 1987 for kidnapping and sexually molesting three children, aged 6, 7 and 8, in a Brisbane motel.
His release spawned a vigilante style movement that saw angry parents drive him out of his accommodation in Ipswich, Murgon, Miles, Bundaberg, Toowoomba and Logan City, south of Brisbane.
He relocated to NSW in 2009, with then Queensland Premier Anna Bligh saying she was relieved to be rid of the child abuser.
But his troubles continued despite the move.
In October this year, he was charged with contravening a child protection prohibition order.
He failed to inform NSW Police that he intended to seek or undertake voluntary work that would have put him in contact with children.
Police had issued him a court attendance notice for next week.
In 2009, when residents in the Sydney suburb of Ryde discovered the registered sex offender had been granted a five-year public housing lease there, anger erupted.
One resident left a replica coffin outside the unit after Ferguson publicly said he would only leave his new home in a pine box.
The NSW government quickly passed legislation allowing Housing NSW to terminate the public housing leases of registered child sex offenders. The locks on Ferguson's Ryde unit were changed and his lease was terminated.
Since then, he has been living at an undisclosed location, after agreeing to a set of terms with NSW police in July 2010 about his access to children.
The terms were agreed seven months after a Sydney court rejected a police application to ban Ferguson from areas frequented by children after he was spotted in the change rooms of an inner-city Sydney pool.
In a November 2009 interview with the ABC's Four Corners program, Ferguson said he was no longer a threat to the community.
He said people who were sexually attracted to children lost interest in them over time.
"Myself? Children don't bother me," Ferguson said.
"I'm no longer interested."
But he went on to say he'd consider chemical castration if it was deemed safe and effective.
In January 2010, Ferguson won court-ordered protection from the former neighbour who left the replica coffin at his front door.
Ferguson was granted a two-year apprehended violence order (AVO) against father of three Sean Killgallon.
The scum got all he deserved, zealot.James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 11:40 AM
Whatever the man did do does not deserve the biggoted and filthy remark from the morally offfesive hetty braveheart.She sickens me.The day is dawning when her good intention will prove to be her dare I say it her respectfull end, eventually falling off her self proclaimed pedestal.No human deserves to die alone or unwanted..
All her supposed intentions are now meaningless.Alan Jones media broadcaster can't get away with public criticism why should this woman who has displayed uncharitable moralism not cop the same scrutiny.It is just not on, this jingoistic moral approach to savage one and not her.
She is nothing short of a judas goat.reformation zealot Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 10:43 AM
good riddance to bad rubbishandy Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:40 AM