- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- Qantas plane collision
- Virgin loss, $83.7M
- Brett Peter Cowan, 'confession'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
- James W on Qantas plane collision Guess who's at the top of the company's hit list? more
- James W on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Sweet more
- Dave Witham on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC YES,YES,YES, Finally a great decision from 4BC . Bring on the big mun !!!!!!!!! more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, your powers of comprehension haven't improved any, I see. Let me spell in it out for you, I will type very slowly for ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge if property owners want a bridge, then they should pay for it. The big jump in property values will offset the cost. more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, if management can not negotiate sustainable costs for the company, then they should move over so the owners can employ ... more
- Andrew on Qantas plane collision Oops...that should buff right out.... more
- James W on Gov Boats to send back seekers john, how far go we go back? more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Now you whinge James W that Management pays too much, due to the union interference. Can't make up your confused addled ... more
- mick on Calls for Island bridge If you do not like the transport arrangements of Russell Island you should move. Why should the mainland pay the millions ... more
- john on MP 'blood on his hands' If Scott has blood on his hands then Sue, you and your Labor friends must be swimming in blood with the hundreds drowned on ... more
- Greg Crews on MP 'blood on his hands' Yes Barry, the ALP/Greens set this joint up as a knee jerk reation under KRudd Mk2. Why wasn't Burke, Bowen pillaried for ... more
Ferguson found dead
4BC News: One of Australia's most despised criminals, pedophile Dennis Ferguson, has been found dead in his Sydney flat.
Police and paramedics were called to a unit block in Surry Hills on Sunday afternoon and found the 64-year-old dead inside his unit.
"Initial inquiries suggest there are no suspicious circumstances," a police spokesman told AAP.
Ferguson was jailed for 14 years in 1987 for kidnapping and sexually molesting three children, aged 6, 7 and 8, in a Brisbane motel.
His release spawned a vigilante style movement that saw angry parents drive him out of his accommodation in Ipswich, Murgon, Miles, Bundaberg, Toowoomba and Logan City, south of Brisbane.
He relocated to NSW in 2009, with then Queensland Premier Anna Bligh saying she was relieved to be rid of the child abuser.
But his troubles continued despite the move.
In October this year, he was charged with contravening a child protection prohibition order.
He failed to inform NSW Police that he intended to seek or undertake voluntary work that would have put him in contact with children.
Police had issued him a court attendance notice for next week.
In 2009, when residents in the Sydney suburb of Ryde discovered the registered sex offender had been granted a five-year public housing lease there, anger erupted.
One resident left a replica coffin outside the unit after Ferguson publicly said he would only leave his new home in a pine box.
The NSW government quickly passed legislation allowing Housing NSW to terminate the public housing leases of registered child sex offenders. The locks on Ferguson's Ryde unit were changed and his lease was terminated.
Since then, he has been living at an undisclosed location, after agreeing to a set of terms with NSW police in July 2010 about his access to children.
The terms were agreed seven months after a Sydney court rejected a police application to ban Ferguson from areas frequented by children after he was spotted in the change rooms of an inner-city Sydney pool.
In a November 2009 interview with the ABC's Four Corners program, Ferguson said he was no longer a threat to the community.
He said people who were sexually attracted to children lost interest in them over time.
"Myself? Children don't bother me," Ferguson said.
"I'm no longer interested."
But he went on to say he'd consider chemical castration if it was deemed safe and effective.
In January 2010, Ferguson won court-ordered protection from the former neighbour who left the replica coffin at his front door.
Ferguson was granted a two-year apprehended violence order (AVO) against father of three Sean Killgallon.
The scum got all he deserved, zealot.James W Monday 7 January, 2013 - 11:40 AM
Whatever the man did do does not deserve the biggoted and filthy remark from the morally offfesive hetty braveheart.She sickens me.The day is dawning when her good intention will prove to be her dare I say it her respectfull end, eventually falling off her self proclaimed pedestal.No human deserves to die alone or unwanted..
All her supposed intentions are now meaningless.Alan Jones media broadcaster can't get away with public criticism why should this woman who has displayed uncharitable moralism not cop the same scrutiny.It is just not on, this jingoistic moral approach to savage one and not her.
She is nothing short of a judas goat.reformation zealot Saturday 5 January, 2013 - 10:43 AM
good riddance to bad rubbishandy Monday 31 December, 2012 - 10:40 AM