- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Email: "Hey Dad"
4BC News: An email shows the lobbyist son of former Queensland Housing Minister Bruce Flegg proposed a candidate to his father for a senior public service position.
The email was released by Dr Fleggs' sacked senior media officer Graeme Hallett to Brisbane's The Courier Mail newspaper, which published it on Thursday.
"Hey Dad, Chris Brooks is available as a possible Deputy DG and appears to have the goods (see his CV attached). I've had him strongly advised to me," said the email reportedly sent by Johnathan Flegg to his father on May 30.
Dr Flegg resigned as housing and public works minister on Wednesday, amid allegations he misled parliament over contact he had with his son.
His son was suspended from lobby firm Rowland on Monday over the allegations.
Premier Campbell Newman is expected to announce a cabinet reshuffle to replace Dr Flegg by the end of the week, with Energy Minister Mark McArdle taking on Dr Flegg's former portfolio in the interim.
Dr Flegg resigned after Mr Hallett went public on Tuesday with allegations the minister misled parliament by failing to disclose on his lobbyist register more than 30 points of contact he or his office had with his son.
Dr Flegg will stay on as the member for the Brisbane electorate of Moggill.
Dr Flegg has also attracted criticism from inside his own party.
After learning of Dr Flegg's resignation, federal Liberal MP Andrew Laming, for the Queensland seat of Bowman, posted on Twitter: "Not a day too soon.
"I have had a gutful of pollie relies getting insider jobs. Worse still not fessing up to," his tweet, posted on Wednesday, says.
Rex Jackson ALP 1987 accepted bribes.
Richard Face ALP 2009 made a false statement to the ICAC.
Merri Rose ALP 2005 extortion.
Gordon Nuttall ALP 2009 & 2011 corruption, receiving secret commissions, theft.
Karen Struthers ALP 2007 drink driving.
Brenton Best ALP 2002 drink driving.
Carolyn Hirsh ALP 2006 drink driving and driving whilst disqualified.
Adem Somyurek ALP 2009 driving whilst disqualified.
Brian Burke ALP 1994 misappropriating public funds.
David Parker ALP 1996 perjury.
How can the ALP hold the high ground, I will settle for Bruce Fleggs son recommending someone for a job anyday.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 12:01 PM
Ok, so it was alright for Anna Bligh to create a $500,000.00 a year job for her husband.
Hypocrisy!BELLA Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 11:30 AM