- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- Tiger and trainer survive
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Kaylyn on Greg Cary calls time out Well greg my mother listened to your grandfather and now im listening to you ( not much longer though ) it will be a person ... more
- Kaylyn on 12 things about Ben Davis welcome Ben.. more
- Mark Edmiston on Greg Cary calls time out Greg ,the voice of Qld , you have entertained and informed us.I regard you as a friend and look forward to you next ... more
- Winsome Gardner on Greg Cary calls time out Just want to wish Greg Carey all the best. I will miss his morning show. He is the best on radio by far. He is well-read ... more
- jacqui on 50 years of The Seekers hi seekers thanks for last nights concert was really fun and happylove Jacqui more
- Jack2967 on Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go? He'll never clear it up (because we won't make him), and he'll never sing at the Christmas carols (thank goodness). Just ... more
- Bob Lord on 'Qlders don't want more pollies' NewmanThe reason it didn't come up when 70000 Qlders had their say on a long term plan for Qld is since the Jo era ... more
Email: "Hey Dad"
4BC News: An email shows the lobbyist son of former Queensland Housing Minister Bruce Flegg proposed a candidate to his father for a senior public service position.
The email was released by Dr Fleggs' sacked senior media officer Graeme Hallett to Brisbane's The Courier Mail newspaper, which published it on Thursday.
"Hey Dad, Chris Brooks is available as a possible Deputy DG and appears to have the goods (see his CV attached). I've had him strongly advised to me," said the email reportedly sent by Johnathan Flegg to his father on May 30.
Dr Flegg resigned as housing and public works minister on Wednesday, amid allegations he misled parliament over contact he had with his son.
His son was suspended from lobby firm Rowland on Monday over the allegations.
Premier Campbell Newman is expected to announce a cabinet reshuffle to replace Dr Flegg by the end of the week, with Energy Minister Mark McArdle taking on Dr Flegg's former portfolio in the interim.
Dr Flegg resigned after Mr Hallett went public on Tuesday with allegations the minister misled parliament by failing to disclose on his lobbyist register more than 30 points of contact he or his office had with his son.
Dr Flegg will stay on as the member for the Brisbane electorate of Moggill.
Dr Flegg has also attracted criticism from inside his own party.
After learning of Dr Flegg's resignation, federal Liberal MP Andrew Laming, for the Queensland seat of Bowman, posted on Twitter: "Not a day too soon.
"I have had a gutful of pollie relies getting insider jobs. Worse still not fessing up to," his tweet, posted on Wednesday, says.
Rex Jackson ALP 1987 accepted bribes.
Richard Face ALP 2009 made a false statement to the ICAC.
Merri Rose ALP 2005 extortion.
Gordon Nuttall ALP 2009 & 2011 corruption, receiving secret commissions, theft.
Karen Struthers ALP 2007 drink driving.
Brenton Best ALP 2002 drink driving.
Carolyn Hirsh ALP 2006 drink driving and driving whilst disqualified.
Adem Somyurek ALP 2009 driving whilst disqualified.
Brian Burke ALP 1994 misappropriating public funds.
David Parker ALP 1996 perjury.
How can the ALP hold the high ground, I will settle for Bruce Fleggs son recommending someone for a job anyday.CRY FREEDOM Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 12:01 PM
Ok, so it was alright for Anna Bligh to create a $500,000.00 a year job for her husband.
Hypocrisy!BELLA Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 11:30 AM