- "Like a bomb going off".
- Storm clean-up info
- Slacks Creek inquest
- Supercell storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Daylight Saving Time
4BC News: Daylight saving begins in half of Australia early on Sunday morning, while the rest of the country will resist putting their clocks forward.
NSW, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT will move onto daylight saving at 2am local time.
Meanwhile, Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory will remain on standard time.
New Zealand started daylight saving last weekend.
Guide: Daylight Saving Time
If it's midday in Queensland, what time is it elsewhere in Australia?
How will times change on Sunday, October 7?
Brisbane and the rest of Queensland: Will not change.
Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Hobart will be:
- 1 hour ahead of Brisbane
- Half an hour ahead of Adelaide
- 1.5 hours ahead of Darwin
- 3 hours ahead of Perth
- 2 hours behind New Zealand
The difference between sunrise/set and civil twilight as shown on www.ga.gov.au (Geoscience Australia) proves that the duration between sunrise/set and civil twilight is only a few minutes longer in Melbourne than Brisbane.
Not hours, not even a quarter of an hour.
I have the tables uploaded to my Twitter page, click on pictures within @marcusdsfacts and get the facts.Marcus Fitz-Gerald Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:43 AM
No Bob Lord has not said that, CRY got it wrong, close but wrong. You, as usual are just wrong.Bob Lord Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 1:45 PM
Surely Bob Lord has not said he was a lawyer, my understanding was he worked in Admin for the Justice Department.Gayle Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 12:21 PM
That's clearer. SO, during the trial did you turn the lights on later at night or did you still turn them on during daylight.
It's unusual and unfortunate that you had to go to school so early. These days better transport means that children mostly no longer walk to school.Bob Lord Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 9:05 AM
I forgot that there was dumb arses like Bob Lord who reads these blogs and do not have the ability to comprehend what is the actual message, so I will make it more simplistic for him. I remember going through the trial as a kid, getting dressed to go to school when it was dark outside and having the lights turned on inside, that really saves on the electrical bill. Is that clearer for you Bob, and you have mentioned in the past that you were a lawyer and have worked for the public service. Scary thought when you can not comprehend simple posting, but it explains why you swallow the ALP propaganda, you can not analyse what is being said.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 7:51 AM
A mate from Victoria who owns a business said today. "If Qlders hate daylight saving so much and they all say they do why do they keep asking if they can go home from work early to get some work done."Bob Lord Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM