- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- marg on Mary Collier Press Release you have lost me. moyd was great with Loretta. where is the garden show more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Garry Parmenter on Mary Collier Press Release The Mr W favourite teams in no particular order have been Jamie Dunn and Ian Coulter, Moyd and Loretta, Peter Dick and Mary ... more
- Krystyna on Mary Collier Press Release Highly intelligent; quick witted and so knowledgeable. You engaged a diverse range of listeners, and I believe you carried ... more
- Jason & Lissy on Mary Collier Press Release HOPE THE 4BC 2014 LINEUP GETS MANY MORE LISTENERS IAN SKIPPEN, LORRETTA RYAN AND THE TEAM GO WELL MANY YOUNGER LISTENERS ... more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
Daylight Saving Time
4BC News: Daylight saving begins in half of Australia early on Sunday morning, while the rest of the country will resist putting their clocks forward.
NSW, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT will move onto daylight saving at 2am local time.
Meanwhile, Queensland, Western Australia and the Northern Territory will remain on standard time.
New Zealand started daylight saving last weekend.
Guide: Daylight Saving Time
If it's midday in Queensland, what time is it elsewhere in Australia?
How will times change on Sunday, October 7?
Brisbane and the rest of Queensland: Will not change.
Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Hobart will be:
- 1 hour ahead of Brisbane
- Half an hour ahead of Adelaide
- 1.5 hours ahead of Darwin
- 3 hours ahead of Perth
- 2 hours behind New Zealand
The difference between sunrise/set and civil twilight as shown on www.ga.gov.au (Geoscience Australia) proves that the duration between sunrise/set and civil twilight is only a few minutes longer in Melbourne than Brisbane.
Not hours, not even a quarter of an hour.
I have the tables uploaded to my Twitter page, click on pictures within @marcusdsfacts and get the facts.Marcus Fitz-Gerald Friday 12 October, 2012 - 9:43 AM
No Bob Lord has not said that, CRY got it wrong, close but wrong. You, as usual are just wrong.Bob Lord Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 1:45 PM
Surely Bob Lord has not said he was a lawyer, my understanding was he worked in Admin for the Justice Department.Gayle Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 12:21 PM
That's clearer. SO, during the trial did you turn the lights on later at night or did you still turn them on during daylight.
It's unusual and unfortunate that you had to go to school so early. These days better transport means that children mostly no longer walk to school.Bob Lord Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 9:05 AM
I forgot that there was dumb arses like Bob Lord who reads these blogs and do not have the ability to comprehend what is the actual message, so I will make it more simplistic for him. I remember going through the trial as a kid, getting dressed to go to school when it was dark outside and having the lights turned on inside, that really saves on the electrical bill. Is that clearer for you Bob, and you have mentioned in the past that you were a lawyer and have worked for the public service. Scary thought when you can not comprehend simple posting, but it explains why you swallow the ALP propaganda, you can not analyse what is being said.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 10 October, 2012 - 7:51 AM
A mate from Victoria who owns a business said today. "If Qlders hate daylight saving so much and they all say they do why do they keep asking if they can go home from work early to get some work done."Bob Lord Tuesday 9 October, 2012 - 4:29 PM