- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Clive Palmer, National Treasure
4BC Breakfast: Mining baron Clive Palmer has joined Kylie Minogue, Olivia Newton-John and Sir Jack Brabham on a list of seven new National Living Treasures. Palmer joins 4BC Breakfast with Peter and Mary.
Replying to yourself eh dick? Or did you think you were posting as APA again?John of Caloundra Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 12:58 PM
If you havn't noticed Anna sold off our grounds to the Chinese.
So in effect , all chinese should have a share of the wealth.
Its a depletable resource with a finite life.Richard Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 11:12 AM
Yeah, another great post APA. Except for two tiny problems.
1) it's complete nonsense and
2) it's complete nonsense.
It was such a big problem I thought I'd state it twice.John of Caloundra Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 10:57 AM
@Another Proud Aussie
Another exceptional post from you. Although Clive Palmer himself can't believe that he was given the award and neither can I, based on Clive's statement that he answerable to his company's shareholders and no one else. A National Treasure should understand that he is ripping vast resources out of Australian ground and that ground belongs first and foremost to all Australians and ALL Australians should share in the ground that, when he leaves, will just be a great hole in the ground.
BTW, the Australian economy is in great shape.Richard Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 10:12 AM
Clive Palmer is a wonderful Australian who has worked hard, built up wealth & used his own money to invest and actually employs 2,200 in Qld alone.
He & the other large mining companies already pay massive taxes & royalties to the States & LIEbor are annoyed that they are not getting their own way on the MRRT of getting more straight through to their Federal treasury directly to waste, as it certainly wont be going to the benefit of the rest of Australia they keep pointing to.
Lies, scams, plotting, manipulation & more misinformation.
The outrageous attacks & insults by the weasel Swan is just disgraceful.
Palmer stands up for himself quite rightfully against the rotten to the core LIEbor Party.
Swans outbursts against Clive & other mining magnates like Gina & Twiggy & attacks them for their perceived power from their wealth, when there should be more scrutiny on the power of LIEbor Unions & their control of this govt & bleeding the country & our economy dry.
Swans just peeved off that the mining giants are not playing ball to fill up their squandered coffers even more & just as the public are insulted as of no consequence, incontinent & deniers, the mining companies who are great employers & huge taxpayers are abused and insulted.
About time this broken Swan is put to rest before we all have a real breakdown of our own, as we have had an absolute gutful of this diabolical disastrous LIEbor Union Run Extremist Greens Independents Traitors Party trashing our country.Another Proud Aussie Tuesday 6 March, 2012 - 9:20 AM
this mans tax dollars are what give the likes of youwings to fly John boy!!!!!With out him you and the filth that you are wouldn't have a leg to stand on!!!!Sitting behind your little pompas glasses and hurling insults at the working folk here!!!you nothing but a grant grabbing grub with ties to the ALP for more of Clives hard earned cash,nothing you and your commo mate would know anything about????? GruB go deal some more prescripton meds will you!!!!Westy Monday 5 March, 2012 - 7:39 PM