- Brisbane storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Choice between China and USA?
A Chinese official has claimed that Australia can no longer continue a relationship with both China and the United States and that our country needs to choose a ‘godfather’ to protect us. The Australian’s Chris Kenny joins Gary Hardgrave to comment on these concerning statements.
People are diverting from what this article was all about in the first place and once again verbalizing and insulting those that they have no real argument against. I have never said that we have not made a decision between the USA and China, we have, it is the USA, the argument has been how China dare force us to make a choice between our long term friend the USA and them. My argument has been how dare China force us to consider breaking allegiances that have served us well in maintaining our freedoms, if it was not for the Commonwealth and our western allianceâ??s we would all be speaking German or Japanese. As for others saying I do not know my WWII history and that I would fail a modern history exam, please point out where I am wrong instead of unsuccessfully trying to discredit me through one liners and word dropping. The one liner â??invasion of Manchuriaâ?? on it own means nothing and this would fail a year 12 history exam due to lack of supporting data.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 23 May, 2012 - 7:00 AM
Mick Mate you seem to assume that I disagree with the USMC in Darwin, mate I don't. Just stating the facts to Cry or whoever he is this week.
I stand by my comments. He knows very little about WW@ history, or the political realities the led to Chinas involvement in WW2, you know the rise of the Nationalists, the invasion of Manchuria, etc...Barry Mackenzie Monday 21 May, 2012 - 2:26 PM
Couldnâ??t be Guantamano Bay JOC. As the US provides more aid, financial assistance and security than any other nation on earth to developing countries.
I suggest you have a look at China's human rights record.Richard Monday 21 May, 2012 - 1:37 PM
Not my bad mick, I spoke in defence of the USA.James W Saturday 19 May, 2012 - 5:20 PM
CRY - Where was China when the Japanese were fighting us in the Pacific??!! Er they were fighting the Japanese on their own soil. They didn't have an ocean going navy. Do you have the slightest understanding of the situation and the military resources available to China then?
On a tangent - Japan had no intention of invading Australia - the invasion currency they produced was solely for SE Asian countries. They realised the logistical enormity of invading Australia.
China is certainly no friend of Australia - in fact they have NO friends but your simplistic posts are cringeworthy!!just me Friday 18 May, 2012 - 5:24 PM
Back off Barrie mckenzie and Jamesw if was not the American troops who came in WW2 the Japanese would have certainly overrun our northern resources, where was China then? So stop proving to be the ignorant prigs that you truly are. The thing here is there is someonelse writing under Cry's name what a creep, which of the JOC personalities is doing this.mick Friday 18 May, 2012 - 2:43 PM