- "Like a bomb going off".
- Storm clean-up info
- Slacks Creek inquest
- Supercell storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
4BC Breakfast: Ingrid Just, spokesperson for CHOICE says a well-designed carbon price is the most efficient way to reduce CO2 emissions and limit the cost to consumers of taking credible action on climate change. Ingrid joined Peter and Mary for a discussion.
The Idiots are the voters who voted this nerd into office, and those who did not vote that allowed her into office.
This will cost the Australian people for years to come.Morris Goodchild Tuesday 12 July, 2011 - 7:49 PM
WHEN are the stupid numbheads that fall for all this b***s**t going to wake up were being scammed ,First it was global warming but they changed the catch cry to CLIMATE CHANGE, broad description,embraces a lot of things.
Do I believe in climate change?, course only a fool wouldnt,climates been changing for a billion years,just read history books to realise that.
What I dont believe is the fantasy reasons they give for it,if they were fair dingcum the first step they should take is ban and get rid of the the greatest polluter of all, MOTOR CARS.
With the proliferation over the last few years of earthquakes,tsaunamies,volcanoes and new terminal viruses and diseases, to say nothing of the wars in the middle east I think the populace, particularly politicions should have a good read of the new testament book of Revelations'
they might find something even more frightening to scare the voters with.
As for the CARBON TAX, to me a tax is but a tax and if anyone is silly enough to believe you can stop climate change with money and fall for this rort they desrve to fleeced,remember the millenium bug,that was a good one.
To big business or any business ,a cost is a cost and will be passed on to the consumer; so to suggest you will be reimbursed is a fantasy,the simple rule of bookkeeping is every debit has an equally corresponding credit,think about it.
GST,the demon everyone has forgotten about,hasnt it dawned that as prices rise as a result of the carbon tax so will the amount of money reaped in by the government in gst.
Well I say its a scam but by gee its a big oneNorm East Tuesday 12 July, 2011 - 4:24 PM
Jason if you are right I then need an explanation from John Howard why he never mention the selling the last bit Telstra during the 2004 election. Another explanation about the so call Children Overboard Jason if John Howard can't offer an explanation I'm sure you can.
John Howard was involved with me being made unemployed and his policy keep me unemployed for nearly five years thanks God for the labor Party I'm working now That right Jason just look after you and your family but don't destroy mine in the process If I survived the John Howard Horror years you can survive thisFred Monday 11 July, 2011 - 6:23 PM
With all due respect the woman is an Idiot!Peter B Monday 11 July, 2011 - 3:12 PM
Jason, nice questions. You do have a right to vote for your representative in the house of representatives and the senate. You did this, I assume, at the last election, as did every other citizen.
You do not have a right to vote on every piece of legislation that this duly elected parliament deliberates upon.
That would be unworkable, and would defeat the purpose of an election in the first place.
Seemingly you only want elected Governments to enact populist policy. That is the road to destruction my friend. Sometimes Governments must enact unpopular policy (See: GST) for the greater good.
You will have your say once again at the next election. There will be one, I guarantee it.
Again, I repeat; IF you are one of those that voted for an elected Labor representative THEN you can say "I was lied to". On the other hand, if you voted against Labor, then really it is a very moot point.
The rest of your post is gobbledegook but I love the fact that you think that no elected government should "implement a policy that [affects] all [and] sundry". Thats a hoot!John of Caloundra Monday 11 July, 2011 - 1:22 PM
How sad that this lying despot will go down in history as Australia's first female prime minister, and most hated. At least she never held office by a majority vote but needed lies and bribes to get there. She has destroyed the ALP for decades to come.Peter Monday 11 July, 2011 - 12:48 PM