- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Campese questions female voice
4BC Drive: Wallabies legend David Campese has been slammed by current and former players for questioning whether a female newspaper journalist should write about rugby.
In a tweet posted on Wednesday morning Campese referred to Fairfax journalist Georgina Robinson, who is covering Australia's current tour of Europe.
"Why does the smh get a girl to write about rugby. Growden who was a great jornio (sic) and now we have someone who has no idea about the game!" was the tweet from Campese's official account.
"Growden" is Fairfax's long-time rugby writer Greg Growden who took redundancy just over a month ago.
Wallabies legend David Campese has sparked controversy on social media after questioning why a "girl" is covering the rugby for the Sydney Morning Herald. The tweet was directed at Fairfax journalist Georgina Robinson who is currently covering the Wallabies European tour. Campo joins Gary Hardgrave to defend the tweet, saying it was taken out of context and that he does not have anything against female sports journalists.
Australian rugby's record tryscorer Campese deleted the tweet but was unable to use his famous goose-step to avoid the criticism.
Wallaby flanker David Pocock, in Cardiff preparing to make his comeback from injury in the weekend's season-ending Test against Wales, defended Robinson.
"Really sad to see journos attacked based on their gender. Or a grown woman referred to as a 'girl' destroyingthejoint," Pocock wrote.
Former dual international Wendell Sailor also criticised the comment.
"Well good morning to u Campo I have to say r are on ur own with this comment it's 2012 champ," Sailor tweeted.
Campese later tweeted: "Sometimes it is good to see some people react to thing you say. Please relax and see the light side of life. All press are the same."
Former Australian Associated Press journalist Margie McDonald, now with The Australian, was the first female to cover a Wallabies tour back in 1988, when Campese was a member of the side.