- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Campese questions female voice
4BC Drive: Wallabies legend David Campese has been slammed by current and former players for questioning whether a female newspaper journalist should write about rugby.
In a tweet posted on Wednesday morning Campese referred to Fairfax journalist Georgina Robinson, who is covering Australia's current tour of Europe.
"Why does the smh get a girl to write about rugby. Growden who was a great jornio (sic) and now we have someone who has no idea about the game!" was the tweet from Campese's official account.
"Growden" is Fairfax's long-time rugby writer Greg Growden who took redundancy just over a month ago.
Wallabies legend David Campese has sparked controversy on social media after questioning why a "girl" is covering the rugby for the Sydney Morning Herald. The tweet was directed at Fairfax journalist Georgina Robinson who is currently covering the Wallabies European tour. Campo joins Gary Hardgrave to defend the tweet, saying it was taken out of context and that he does not have anything against female sports journalists.
Australian rugby's record tryscorer Campese deleted the tweet but was unable to use his famous goose-step to avoid the criticism.
Wallaby flanker David Pocock, in Cardiff preparing to make his comeback from injury in the weekend's season-ending Test against Wales, defended Robinson.
"Really sad to see journos attacked based on their gender. Or a grown woman referred to as a 'girl' destroyingthejoint," Pocock wrote.
Former dual international Wendell Sailor also criticised the comment.
"Well good morning to u Campo I have to say r are on ur own with this comment it's 2012 champ," Sailor tweeted.
Campese later tweeted: "Sometimes it is good to see some people react to thing you say. Please relax and see the light side of life. All press are the same."
Former Australian Associated Press journalist Margie McDonald, now with The Australian, was the first female to cover a Wallabies tour back in 1988, when Campese was a member of the side.