- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Campese questions female voice
4BC Drive: Wallabies legend David Campese has been slammed by current and former players for questioning whether a female newspaper journalist should write about rugby.
In a tweet posted on Wednesday morning Campese referred to Fairfax journalist Georgina Robinson, who is covering Australia's current tour of Europe.
"Why does the smh get a girl to write about rugby. Growden who was a great jornio (sic) and now we have someone who has no idea about the game!" was the tweet from Campese's official account.
"Growden" is Fairfax's long-time rugby writer Greg Growden who took redundancy just over a month ago.
Wallabies legend David Campese has sparked controversy on social media after questioning why a "girl" is covering the rugby for the Sydney Morning Herald. The tweet was directed at Fairfax journalist Georgina Robinson who is currently covering the Wallabies European tour. Campo joins Gary Hardgrave to defend the tweet, saying it was taken out of context and that he does not have anything against female sports journalists.
Australian rugby's record tryscorer Campese deleted the tweet but was unable to use his famous goose-step to avoid the criticism.
Wallaby flanker David Pocock, in Cardiff preparing to make his comeback from injury in the weekend's season-ending Test against Wales, defended Robinson.
"Really sad to see journos attacked based on their gender. Or a grown woman referred to as a 'girl' destroyingthejoint," Pocock wrote.
Former dual international Wendell Sailor also criticised the comment.
"Well good morning to u Campo I have to say r are on ur own with this comment it's 2012 champ," Sailor tweeted.
Campese later tweeted: "Sometimes it is good to see some people react to thing you say. Please relax and see the light side of life. All press are the same."
Former Australian Associated Press journalist Margie McDonald, now with The Australian, was the first female to cover a Wallabies tour back in 1988, when Campese was a member of the side.