- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Bruce Flegg 'unfit' for position
Questions of confidence have been raised in Housing Minister Bruce Flegg’s office as a sacked Senior Media Advisor alleged that Dr Flegg was unfit to be a Minister in the State Government. Greg speaks to 4BC reporter Jamie McKinnell and Steve Wardill from News about the latest controversy to envelope the State Government.
A sacked media officer says he'll unveil documents before parliament on Tuesday to prove Queensland's Housing Minister Bruce Flegg is unfit for his senior position.
Dr Flegg sacked his senior media officer Graeme Hallett on Monday, only days after firing his chief-of-staff Fraser Stephen.
Both men have been working with Dr Flegg since the Liberal National Party won the Queensland election in March.
It's also believed Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek simultaneously dismissed his personal assistant Leonie Shepherd, a former electorate officer for Dr Flegg.
Mr Hallett, a long-term Liberal operative, will hold a press conference at 8.30am (AEST) outside Queensland's Parliament House.
He told AAP he has documents that prove Dr Flegg is unfit to be a government minister but declined to give more details before the press conference.
Mr Hallett has worked as a ministerial adviser in the Howard government and also helped Dr Flegg when he was Liberal leader in 2006.
In 2005, Mr Hallett was at the centre of controversy.
The then federal ministerial adviser was accused of trying to influence the Wyong Shire Council in NSW over a $1.5 million federal grant it was seeking to dredge a creek.
Heather Suridge thinks her politician is wonderful because he moonlights as a doctor when he should be in his office representing her and thousands of others in Moggill and thinks it's nothing to alter paperwork
etc. and then has the audacity to try and condemn Graeme Hallett for being totally honest Moral standards seem to have dropped for Heatherroy harvey Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 7:53 AM
And how reliable is Mr. Hallets 'good opinion'? Sounds like a witch-hunt and the only one stirring the sour grapes cauldron is Mr. Hallet. We have lost a good, hard-working man in Parliament but at least we still have him in Moggill. We would like him to stay.Heather Suridge Friday 16 November, 2012 - 3:41 PM
Gees has this mob reached a dozen of their party under investigation/suspicion yet. How many have been sacked already? Imagine if they had an opposition where they'd be - goneski.Bob Lord Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 9:28 AM