- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Bruce Flegg 'unfit' for position
Questions of confidence have been raised in Housing Minister Bruce Flegg’s office as a sacked Senior Media Advisor alleged that Dr Flegg was unfit to be a Minister in the State Government. Greg speaks to 4BC reporter Jamie McKinnell and Steve Wardill from News about the latest controversy to envelope the State Government.
A sacked media officer says he'll unveil documents before parliament on Tuesday to prove Queensland's Housing Minister Bruce Flegg is unfit for his senior position.
Dr Flegg sacked his senior media officer Graeme Hallett on Monday, only days after firing his chief-of-staff Fraser Stephen.
Both men have been working with Dr Flegg since the Liberal National Party won the Queensland election in March.
It's also believed Education Minister John-Paul Langbroek simultaneously dismissed his personal assistant Leonie Shepherd, a former electorate officer for Dr Flegg.
Mr Hallett, a long-term Liberal operative, will hold a press conference at 8.30am (AEST) outside Queensland's Parliament House.
He told AAP he has documents that prove Dr Flegg is unfit to be a government minister but declined to give more details before the press conference.
Mr Hallett has worked as a ministerial adviser in the Howard government and also helped Dr Flegg when he was Liberal leader in 2006.
In 2005, Mr Hallett was at the centre of controversy.
The then federal ministerial adviser was accused of trying to influence the Wyong Shire Council in NSW over a $1.5 million federal grant it was seeking to dredge a creek.
Heather Suridge thinks her politician is wonderful because he moonlights as a doctor when he should be in his office representing her and thousands of others in Moggill and thinks it's nothing to alter paperwork
etc. and then has the audacity to try and condemn Graeme Hallett for being totally honest Moral standards seem to have dropped for Heatherroy harvey Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 7:53 AM
And how reliable is Mr. Hallets 'good opinion'? Sounds like a witch-hunt and the only one stirring the sour grapes cauldron is Mr. Hallet. We have lost a good, hard-working man in Parliament but at least we still have him in Moggill. We would like him to stay.Heather Suridge Friday 16 November, 2012 - 3:41 PM
Gees has this mob reached a dozen of their party under investigation/suspicion yet. How many have been sacked already? Imagine if they had an opposition where they'd be - goneski.Bob Lord Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 9:28 AM