- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Bob Brown resigns
Bob Brown has resigned as Leader of the Australian Greens Parliamentary Party. He will also resign from the Senate, after 16 years' service, when his Tasmanian replacement is available in June.
Senator Brown, who is 67, made the announcement to his Greens Party Room colleagues this morning at 10am.
"I am sad to leave but happy to go. It is good knowing that the Greens have such a depth of talent and experience lined up for leadership - I could only dream about that a decade ago", Senator Brown said.
"It is prime time to hand over the reins. I offer a huge 'thank you' to the 1.7 million Australian voters who elected our Green team, and to my 9 colleagues: they have made each Green year in this parliament better than the year before - though the best is yet to come. For example, our policies for fairly taxing the resources boom and carbon polluters, uniquely enable the Greens to fund a national disabilities insurance scheme, the Gonski education reforms, Denticare, renewable energy businesses, as well as progress on High Speed Rail linking our major cities.
"I also thank my splendid staff, including my longtime friend, confidant, and fount of good political sense, Chief of Staff, Ben Oquist," Senator Brown said.
Senator Brown has called the Governor-General, the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Tasmanian Greens to inform them of his resignation.
"I look forward to fresh green pursuits including writing, photography, music, occasional talks, bushwalking, and getting out with Paul to see Miranda Gibson who has been perched for 120 days 60 metres high, in defence of a giant tree facing destruction in central Tasmania," Senator Brown said.
wow! such intelligent comebacks from both mick and crybaby...Mick: andy you're a bongo! (ouch mick!)
Cry: Live Science is a BS website! (ooh,expert analysis there pal)...losers.andy Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 1:24 PM
I read your BS web site. The article titled, Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents, is so full of the words, and could do, maybe, possible that it indicates all theory not yet proven. The article titled, Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals, dispels Bob Lords attempt to label me a hidden homosexual because I do not fit the profile. Throughout this debate all I have been doing is putting my case forward as how this behaviour being excepted as the norm is destructive to the family unit. But if you believe the theory that aggressive behaviour towards a group of people is a sign that they have hidden tendencies towards that group, then that means all this aggressive behaviour that JOC, Bob Lord, Just me etc show towards us conservatives must mean they are conservatives themselves.CRY FREEDOM Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 8:55 PM
you fanatical twit Andy (JOC) you would believe anything and call it real science. Bongo is the right tag for you hollow empty and makes a lot of noise, get real.mick Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 4:13 PM
well gosh CRY perhaps your blinkered view on life has affected your ability to notice that I already responded with the fact that some gay couples are better parents than some hetero couples. As I told your equally bigoted buddy Mick, LIVE SCIENCE dot com have published a very interesting report on that very subject. As far as the natural order is concerned, if you hate gays so much perhaps we heterosexuals should stop having gay babies?andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:59 PM
mick you want me to site evidence? No problemo my fanatical friend! Just go to LIVE SCIENCE dot com...a very interesting report about this very subject was posted there just last week.andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Yes, saw Bob Brown on Q&A. I don't agree with everything he says and does but his heart is in the right place.Bob Lord Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:35 AM