- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Bob Brown resigns
Bob Brown has resigned as Leader of the Australian Greens Parliamentary Party. He will also resign from the Senate, after 16 years' service, when his Tasmanian replacement is available in June.
Senator Brown, who is 67, made the announcement to his Greens Party Room colleagues this morning at 10am.
"I am sad to leave but happy to go. It is good knowing that the Greens have such a depth of talent and experience lined up for leadership - I could only dream about that a decade ago", Senator Brown said.
"It is prime time to hand over the reins. I offer a huge 'thank you' to the 1.7 million Australian voters who elected our Green team, and to my 9 colleagues: they have made each Green year in this parliament better than the year before - though the best is yet to come. For example, our policies for fairly taxing the resources boom and carbon polluters, uniquely enable the Greens to fund a national disabilities insurance scheme, the Gonski education reforms, Denticare, renewable energy businesses, as well as progress on High Speed Rail linking our major cities.
"I also thank my splendid staff, including my longtime friend, confidant, and fount of good political sense, Chief of Staff, Ben Oquist," Senator Brown said.
Senator Brown has called the Governor-General, the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Tasmanian Greens to inform them of his resignation.
"I look forward to fresh green pursuits including writing, photography, music, occasional talks, bushwalking, and getting out with Paul to see Miranda Gibson who has been perched for 120 days 60 metres high, in defence of a giant tree facing destruction in central Tasmania," Senator Brown said.
wow! such intelligent comebacks from both mick and crybaby...Mick: andy you're a bongo! (ouch mick!)
Cry: Live Science is a BS website! (ooh,expert analysis there pal)...losers.andy Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 1:24 PM
I read your BS web site. The article titled, Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents, is so full of the words, and could do, maybe, possible that it indicates all theory not yet proven. The article titled, Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals, dispels Bob Lords attempt to label me a hidden homosexual because I do not fit the profile. Throughout this debate all I have been doing is putting my case forward as how this behaviour being excepted as the norm is destructive to the family unit. But if you believe the theory that aggressive behaviour towards a group of people is a sign that they have hidden tendencies towards that group, then that means all this aggressive behaviour that JOC, Bob Lord, Just me etc show towards us conservatives must mean they are conservatives themselves.CRY FREEDOM Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 8:55 PM
you fanatical twit Andy (JOC) you would believe anything and call it real science. Bongo is the right tag for you hollow empty and makes a lot of noise, get real.mick Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 4:13 PM
well gosh CRY perhaps your blinkered view on life has affected your ability to notice that I already responded with the fact that some gay couples are better parents than some hetero couples. As I told your equally bigoted buddy Mick, LIVE SCIENCE dot com have published a very interesting report on that very subject. As far as the natural order is concerned, if you hate gays so much perhaps we heterosexuals should stop having gay babies?andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:59 PM
mick you want me to site evidence? No problemo my fanatical friend! Just go to LIVE SCIENCE dot com...a very interesting report about this very subject was posted there just last week.andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Yes, saw Bob Brown on Q&A. I don't agree with everything he says and does but his heart is in the right place.Bob Lord Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:35 AM