- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
Bob Brown resigns
Bob Brown has resigned as Leader of the Australian Greens Parliamentary Party. He will also resign from the Senate, after 16 years' service, when his Tasmanian replacement is available in June.
Senator Brown, who is 67, made the announcement to his Greens Party Room colleagues this morning at 10am.
"I am sad to leave but happy to go. It is good knowing that the Greens have such a depth of talent and experience lined up for leadership - I could only dream about that a decade ago", Senator Brown said.
"It is prime time to hand over the reins. I offer a huge 'thank you' to the 1.7 million Australian voters who elected our Green team, and to my 9 colleagues: they have made each Green year in this parliament better than the year before - though the best is yet to come. For example, our policies for fairly taxing the resources boom and carbon polluters, uniquely enable the Greens to fund a national disabilities insurance scheme, the Gonski education reforms, Denticare, renewable energy businesses, as well as progress on High Speed Rail linking our major cities.
"I also thank my splendid staff, including my longtime friend, confidant, and fount of good political sense, Chief of Staff, Ben Oquist," Senator Brown said.
Senator Brown has called the Governor-General, the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Tasmanian Greens to inform them of his resignation.
"I look forward to fresh green pursuits including writing, photography, music, occasional talks, bushwalking, and getting out with Paul to see Miranda Gibson who has been perched for 120 days 60 metres high, in defence of a giant tree facing destruction in central Tasmania," Senator Brown said.
wow! such intelligent comebacks from both mick and crybaby...Mick: andy you're a bongo! (ouch mick!)
Cry: Live Science is a BS website! (ooh,expert analysis there pal)...losers.andy Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 1:24 PM
I read your BS web site. The article titled, Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents, is so full of the words, and could do, maybe, possible that it indicates all theory not yet proven. The article titled, Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals, dispels Bob Lords attempt to label me a hidden homosexual because I do not fit the profile. Throughout this debate all I have been doing is putting my case forward as how this behaviour being excepted as the norm is destructive to the family unit. But if you believe the theory that aggressive behaviour towards a group of people is a sign that they have hidden tendencies towards that group, then that means all this aggressive behaviour that JOC, Bob Lord, Just me etc show towards us conservatives must mean they are conservatives themselves.CRY FREEDOM Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 8:55 PM
you fanatical twit Andy (JOC) you would believe anything and call it real science. Bongo is the right tag for you hollow empty and makes a lot of noise, get real.mick Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 4:13 PM
well gosh CRY perhaps your blinkered view on life has affected your ability to notice that I already responded with the fact that some gay couples are better parents than some hetero couples. As I told your equally bigoted buddy Mick, LIVE SCIENCE dot com have published a very interesting report on that very subject. As far as the natural order is concerned, if you hate gays so much perhaps we heterosexuals should stop having gay babies?andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:59 PM
mick you want me to site evidence? No problemo my fanatical friend! Just go to LIVE SCIENCE dot com...a very interesting report about this very subject was posted there just last week.andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Yes, saw Bob Brown on Q&A. I don't agree with everything he says and does but his heart is in the right place.Bob Lord Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:35 AM