- Ford a "kick in the guts"
- Analog TV switch-off will not affect 4BC
- New schools for Queensland
- Party precinct: failed
- The Doors keyboardist Manzarek dies
- IR changes opposed
- Waiting for 'little mate' to wake
- Breathing difficulties, sleep
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" Oh dear RichardJust watching our very own fiscal twit Nicholls stating that a raft of taxes will be rising in Queensland in ... more
- bespectacled on New schools for Queensland How about using the fv school for a library and buy the adjacent commercial buildings to add to the school oval for leisure ... more
- ArtG on New flood tax planned I knowwwww, mick, I knoowwww... more
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" OK Richard, fair enough.The bloke who wants to run the country doesn't need to have a vision or plans for when he gets ... more
- jaycee on Ford a "kick in the guts" my vishion 20/20,roberto earldomo, is maybe a bit on the blue side but overall I'm sitting pretty here on a north shore ... more
- mick on New flood tax planned Artg she certainly did not want them to die of thirst so she opened up Wivenhoe and flooded Brisbane trying to drown them. more
- Richard on Ford a "kick in the guts" Bob, you seem to be changing canoes mid stream and now paddling the other way.BTW Tony Abbott is not running the country.A ... more
- mick on Ford a "kick in the guts" The majority of Australians do know that they do have good plans and visions for all Australians, you are just too stupid to ... more
- Bob Lord on Ford a "kick in the guts" TSK TSKThose silly Ford people not having a good business plan hey Tony. Fabulous hindsight once again from you.Ya got a ... more
- David T. on Analog TV switch-off will not affect 4BC Anyone with an analogue TV can buy a Digital set-top box. If you're on a full Govt. pension, you might get a box for free ... more
- David T. on Lord Wedgwood on antiques Adam, Google them under Rick Milne Collectables and Shields Stamps and Coins. Both are in Victoria. I'm sure you'll find the ... more
- Adam on Lord Wedgwood on antiques Can someone please provide me Rick Milne and Tony Shields email address so we can contact them.Thanks more
- kernel fudpucker on IR changes opposed All smoke and mirrors. They all lie in the same BED !! more
- kernel fudpucker on New schools for Queensland Private companies?? There's only one, SERCO!!!. Do your research, SHEEPLE !!!! more
- kernel fudpucker on New flood tax planned How about a (POLITCAL FAILURE TAX) Payed back to the people, set at 200% more
- Kattie on $5 to browse Coorparoo store Perhaps, we've been now excited to have the actual dad's or mom's early morning hours ingest. Listed here is a lack of yet ... more
- single slot toasters review on Amalfi Coast Recpies I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your website. It appears as if some of the ... more
- Richard on Party precinct: failed Can not think of a time in the entire history of mankind where alcohol consumption has not led to etiquette hell.Let it ... more
- hospitality is dead or rather never was on Party precinct: failed Get rid of hositality and its segeregation /and age groupdiscrimination practices and it might just bring back boomers and ... more
- Gayle on New schools for Queensland Now this is called good Government and forward planning, the demographics have changed and there are more families with ... more
Bob Brown resigns
Bob Brown has resigned as Leader of the Australian Greens Parliamentary Party. He will also resign from the Senate, after 16 years' service, when his Tasmanian replacement is available in June.
Senator Brown, who is 67, made the announcement to his Greens Party Room colleagues this morning at 10am.
"I am sad to leave but happy to go. It is good knowing that the Greens have such a depth of talent and experience lined up for leadership - I could only dream about that a decade ago", Senator Brown said.
"It is prime time to hand over the reins. I offer a huge 'thank you' to the 1.7 million Australian voters who elected our Green team, and to my 9 colleagues: they have made each Green year in this parliament better than the year before - though the best is yet to come. For example, our policies for fairly taxing the resources boom and carbon polluters, uniquely enable the Greens to fund a national disabilities insurance scheme, the Gonski education reforms, Denticare, renewable energy businesses, as well as progress on High Speed Rail linking our major cities.
"I also thank my splendid staff, including my longtime friend, confidant, and fount of good political sense, Chief of Staff, Ben Oquist," Senator Brown said.
Senator Brown has called the Governor-General, the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Tasmanian Greens to inform them of his resignation.
"I look forward to fresh green pursuits including writing, photography, music, occasional talks, bushwalking, and getting out with Paul to see Miranda Gibson who has been perched for 120 days 60 metres high, in defence of a giant tree facing destruction in central Tasmania," Senator Brown said.
wow! such intelligent comebacks from both mick and crybaby...Mick: andy you're a bongo! (ouch mick!)
Cry: Live Science is a BS website! (ooh,expert analysis there pal)...losers.andy Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 1:24 PM
I read your BS web site. The article titled, Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents, is so full of the words, and could do, maybe, possible that it indicates all theory not yet proven. The article titled, Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals, dispels Bob Lords attempt to label me a hidden homosexual because I do not fit the profile. Throughout this debate all I have been doing is putting my case forward as how this behaviour being excepted as the norm is destructive to the family unit. But if you believe the theory that aggressive behaviour towards a group of people is a sign that they have hidden tendencies towards that group, then that means all this aggressive behaviour that JOC, Bob Lord, Just me etc show towards us conservatives must mean they are conservatives themselves.CRY FREEDOM Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 8:55 PM
you fanatical twit Andy (JOC) you would believe anything and call it real science. Bongo is the right tag for you hollow empty and makes a lot of noise, get real.mick Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 4:13 PM
well gosh CRY perhaps your blinkered view on life has affected your ability to notice that I already responded with the fact that some gay couples are better parents than some hetero couples. As I told your equally bigoted buddy Mick, LIVE SCIENCE dot com have published a very interesting report on that very subject. As far as the natural order is concerned, if you hate gays so much perhaps we heterosexuals should stop having gay babies?andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:59 PM
mick you want me to site evidence? No problemo my fanatical friend! Just go to LIVE SCIENCE dot com...a very interesting report about this very subject was posted there just last week.andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Yes, saw Bob Brown on Q&A. I don't agree with everything he says and does but his heart is in the right place.Bob Lord Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:35 AM