- Looking back: RSPCA pets
- Ban work emails, after hours
- Drug syndicate smashed
- Save Brisbane's history
- Electricity savings on way
- GE Money vulnerable
- Whooping cough more resilient
- Dog toilets for Brisbane airport
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, even David T agrees that my comment was sensible, it got him talking again. more
- Gordon Heelan on Save Brisbane's history Do you think the Bonded Store Buildings should be saved and heritage listed?Yes I do as history is a important part of our ... more
- Bob Lord on Electricity savings on way So the plan is to increase the risk of blackouts because people aren't prepared to pay for the excellent electricity service ... more
- Bob Lord on “$80 billion black cloud" Major infrastructure investment occurring in Qld over the past few years before LNP according to the Commission of Audit:1. ... more
- Gus Nathan on Vale, Haydn Sargent Really sad to learn of Hayden Sargent's passing away. Ever since our arrival in Australia in 1975, we tuned to 4 BC daily ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Yes James, I'm waiting for you to say something sensible. more
- James W on “$80 billion black cloud" So the $4Bn per year we pay in interest could pay for so many schools, so many klms of roads and so many hospitals. What do ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" mick, AUstralia had never had AAA from all 3 major ratings agencies before Rudd was PM, FACT. more
- Warren on Live webcam over Brisbane River. I would like to use your webcam. Seeing what you and your guests look like in the studio adds enjoyment to listening to ... more
- mick on Colmslie saves it's Fish Factory Khushdeep ring Rudd's missus she is supposed to be the guru in placing people into jobs at a great expense to the taxpayer. more
- mick on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" the recent state labor governments are the ones who have lost the aaa ratings in recent years. In Fact the most Triple A ... more
- mick on Obesity a personal issue? Jack2967 obesity in itself can be the symptom of many other chronic illnesses and the result of medications used to treat ... more
- Where is it? on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC What's happened to Fresh on Sunday? Disappeared when the CCT returned. Are you going to put it on at a different time?Would ... more
- victor Madison on Promising signs for HIV cure I want to say hello to the world at large, I am very grateful for the good deeds DR.OGODOMEN did for me, I was a HIV ... more
- Elisa Jed on MiniMovers fleet sabotaged Did they find the person that sabotaged the moving trucks? This is definitely a hard time to lose so many trucks. I think ... more
- Annie Johnston on Boland back for Brisbane Warren, it is so good to see you are back on the radio. 4BCs gain is ABC's loss. And what a loss it is! Your league of ... more
- Steve Yeppoon on Boland back for Brisbane Driving out to work this morning and planning to listen to Warren for the 3 hour drive. Disappointed to learn Warrens not on ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" Gone quite quiet again David T. more
- Bob Lord on Mobile tech leading way Ah. Just a little. Currently 2 smartphones, 2 tablets and a laptop make use of a cable broadband, home wifi and a portable ... more
- kerry jacques on Boland back for Brisbane I likewise , loved Saturday Mornings with Warren , just the variety of his programme was excellent , come on 4bc , move it ... more
Bob Brown resigns
Bob Brown has resigned as Leader of the Australian Greens Parliamentary Party. He will also resign from the Senate, after 16 years' service, when his Tasmanian replacement is available in June.
Senator Brown, who is 67, made the announcement to his Greens Party Room colleagues this morning at 10am.
"I am sad to leave but happy to go. It is good knowing that the Greens have such a depth of talent and experience lined up for leadership - I could only dream about that a decade ago", Senator Brown said.
"It is prime time to hand over the reins. I offer a huge 'thank you' to the 1.7 million Australian voters who elected our Green team, and to my 9 colleagues: they have made each Green year in this parliament better than the year before - though the best is yet to come. For example, our policies for fairly taxing the resources boom and carbon polluters, uniquely enable the Greens to fund a national disabilities insurance scheme, the Gonski education reforms, Denticare, renewable energy businesses, as well as progress on High Speed Rail linking our major cities.
"I also thank my splendid staff, including my longtime friend, confidant, and fount of good political sense, Chief of Staff, Ben Oquist," Senator Brown said.
Senator Brown has called the Governor-General, the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Tasmanian Greens to inform them of his resignation.
"I look forward to fresh green pursuits including writing, photography, music, occasional talks, bushwalking, and getting out with Paul to see Miranda Gibson who has been perched for 120 days 60 metres high, in defence of a giant tree facing destruction in central Tasmania," Senator Brown said.
wow! such intelligent comebacks from both mick and crybaby...Mick: andy you're a bongo! (ouch mick!)
Cry: Live Science is a BS website! (ooh,expert analysis there pal)...losers.andy Thursday 26 April, 2012 - 1:24 PM
I read your BS web site. The article titled, Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents, is so full of the words, and could do, maybe, possible that it indicates all theory not yet proven. The article titled, Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals, dispels Bob Lords attempt to label me a hidden homosexual because I do not fit the profile. Throughout this debate all I have been doing is putting my case forward as how this behaviour being excepted as the norm is destructive to the family unit. But if you believe the theory that aggressive behaviour towards a group of people is a sign that they have hidden tendencies towards that group, then that means all this aggressive behaviour that JOC, Bob Lord, Just me etc show towards us conservatives must mean they are conservatives themselves.CRY FREEDOM Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 8:55 PM
you fanatical twit Andy (JOC) you would believe anything and call it real science. Bongo is the right tag for you hollow empty and makes a lot of noise, get real.mick Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 4:13 PM
well gosh CRY perhaps your blinkered view on life has affected your ability to notice that I already responded with the fact that some gay couples are better parents than some hetero couples. As I told your equally bigoted buddy Mick, LIVE SCIENCE dot com have published a very interesting report on that very subject. As far as the natural order is concerned, if you hate gays so much perhaps we heterosexuals should stop having gay babies?andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 3:59 PM
mick you want me to site evidence? No problemo my fanatical friend! Just go to LIVE SCIENCE dot com...a very interesting report about this very subject was posted there just last week.andy Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:36 AM
Yes, saw Bob Brown on Q&A. I don't agree with everything he says and does but his heart is in the right place.Bob Lord Tuesday 24 April, 2012 - 10:35 AM