- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Black market guns
4BC Breakfast: The recent gun violence in and around Brisbane could be blamed on illegal guns.
But why is there a rise in the black market for weapons?
Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast talk to Robert Nioa from the Firearm Dealers’ Association.
I had a collection of guns years ago and really enjoyed hunting and target shooting. I sold em all after Port Arthur and the new restrictions came in. I had semi autos as well and believed we'd be a safer and better society without them.
Now it seems people like me were duped because the country is awash with illegal arms. Like the "war on drugs" the powers that be do not have the stomach to seriously attack the problem.
This "wall of silence" BS trotted out by police commissioners is a lame excuse for a lack of proactive policing and coercive questioning of known criminals.Just me Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 2:29 PM
For once I agree with you.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 11:22 AM
Well Robert would like to sell more guns so he thinks the solution is to arm everyone. A better solution is a non-negotiable jail term for anyone caught with an illegal firearm.Bob Lord Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 11:13 AM
As a legal firearms owner I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent interview conducted by Peter and Mary with Robert Nioa. One thing not mentioned was the revolving door policy that government currently has for persons convicted of illegal gun possession and use. The Courts impose ridiculously short sentences which see crims committing the same offences over and over.In response government targets innocent legal firearms owners with further restrictions. The recent formation of a special task force will assist but we really need realistic mandatory sentences (10 years?) to get offenders off the street. Pressure from the media for such reforms would go a long way towards reducing illegal gun possession and use.david Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 11:02 AM