- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- Police shootings
- Palmer walks out on interview - again
- Man backstrokes in puddle
- Major storm and flash flooding
- Pauline Hanson to stand at next state election
- QANTAS Retro fit
- G20 Brisbane Blog
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Black market guns
4BC Breakfast: The recent gun violence in and around Brisbane could be blamed on illegal guns.
But why is there a rise in the black market for weapons?
Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast talk to Robert Nioa from the Firearm Dealers’ Association.
I had a collection of guns years ago and really enjoyed hunting and target shooting. I sold em all after Port Arthur and the new restrictions came in. I had semi autos as well and believed we'd be a safer and better society without them.
Now it seems people like me were duped because the country is awash with illegal arms. Like the "war on drugs" the powers that be do not have the stomach to seriously attack the problem.
This "wall of silence" BS trotted out by police commissioners is a lame excuse for a lack of proactive policing and coercive questioning of known criminals.Just me Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 2:29 PM
For once I agree with you.CRY FREEDOM Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 11:22 AM
Well Robert would like to sell more guns so he thinks the solution is to arm everyone. A better solution is a non-negotiable jail term for anyone caught with an illegal firearm.Bob Lord Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 11:13 AM
As a legal firearms owner I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent interview conducted by Peter and Mary with Robert Nioa. One thing not mentioned was the revolving door policy that government currently has for persons convicted of illegal gun possession and use. The Courts impose ridiculously short sentences which see crims committing the same offences over and over.In response government targets innocent legal firearms owners with further restrictions. The recent formation of a special task force will assist but we really need realistic mandatory sentences (10 years?) to get offenders off the street. Pressure from the media for such reforms would go a long way towards reducing illegal gun possession and use.david Wednesday 18 April, 2012 - 11:02 AM