- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
- Shan on Mary Collier Press Release What is going on at 4BC or what is Fairfax doing to our station.Will really miss Greg & Gary. Bring Kim Mothershaw back. ... more
Baton passed to Tim Mander
4BC Drive: The State Government has announced that former NRL referee Tim Mander will replace Bruce Flegg as State Housing Minister. Mr Flegg resigned earlier this week after a former staffer declared he was unfit to serve as a Minister.
Mander eager to replace Flegg
Former National Rugby League referee Tim Mander says he isn't surprised by his elevation to the Queensland cabinet after only eight months in politics.
Premier Campbell Newman announced on Thursday Mr Mander would replace Bruce Flegg as the state's housing and public works minister.
Dr Flegg stood down voluntarily on Wednesday amid allegations he misled parliament over the amount of contact he had with his lobbyist son Jonathon, who works for communications and business advisory firm Rowland.
Mr Mander says he has aspired to a cabinet role since winning the Brisbane seat of Everton in March, although he expected the process to take longer.
"I've learned very quickly in my short time in politics that a day is a long time in politics, and I'm just delighted to be able to take up the challenge," the former referee and Scripture Union CEO told reporters.
The reshuffle also sees Mirani MP Ted Malone assume the newly created role of assistant minister for police and community safety.
Former police minister David Gibson was named to chair the Parliamentary Committee for State Development.
The Gympie MP was sacked as police and community safety minister weeks after the election over unpaid speeding fines.
But Mr Newman said the appointment did not necessary herald Mr Gibson's return back to cabinet.
"I can't leave his talents sitting there on the backbench any longer," he told reporters.
"David has paid the price for the things that have been canvassed before."
Mr Gibson said the new role was "an opportunity to serve".
"I've always been willing to serve in the parliament in whichever capacity has been extended to me at whatever the time," he said.
Mr Mander's former role as assistant minister for sport and racing will not be filled.
"We already have enough assistant ministers," Mr Newman said.
Water and Energy Minister Mark McArdle will take responsibility for housing and public works until Mr Mander is sworn in.
I think it's fantastic to see Mr Mander promoted to Housing Minister. The compassion he brings to this portfolio is genuine. I reckon Tim is one bloke who is truly beyond reproach. He was a wonderful chaplain at Grovely SS years ago and his role as Referee Boss was never questioned.Phil of Mitchelton Friday 16 November, 2012 - 3:28 PM