- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- Tiger and trainer survive
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Won't miss Greg at all, can now leave my radio on 4bc all day now that Greg and Mary have gone. more
- Phil on The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour Good on them. But perhaps they should have called their tour "The Steel Wheelchair tour". LOL. more
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Diane on 4BC's Drive host for 2014 Why did 4bc put Ian Skippen on the radio not a fan of him cant stand him all he does is talk about himself he is the worst ... more
- Kaylyn on Greg Cary calls time out Well greg my mother listened to your grandfather and now im listening to you ( not much longer though ) it will be a person ... more
- Kaylyn on 12 things about Ben Davis welcome Ben.. more
- Mark Edmiston on Greg Cary calls time out Greg ,the voice of Qld , you have entertained and informed us.I regard you as a friend and look forward to you next ... more
- Winsome Gardner on Greg Cary calls time out Just want to wish Greg Carey all the best. I will miss his morning show. He is the best on radio by far. He is well-read ... more
- jacqui on 50 years of The Seekers hi seekers thanks for last nights concert was really fun and happylove Jacqui more
- Jack2967 on Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go? He'll never clear it up (because we won't make him), and he'll never sing at the Christmas carols (thank goodness). Just ... more
- Bob Lord on 'Qlders don't want more pollies' NewmanThe reason it didn't come up when 70000 Qlders had their say on a long term plan for Qld is since the Jo era ... more
Auckland storm and tornado
4BC Afternoons: Three people have been killed and at least seven injured after a tornado hit Auckland, New Zealand's largest city.
A Fire Service spokesman said two were killed when a concrete slab landed on a truck on St George's Road in Hobsonville, in the city's northwest.
Photo Gallery: Photos from the storm.
Moyd and Loretta cross to News Talk ZB in New Zealand to find out about the tornado and with fires burning in Helidon and Burpengary they speak with the Rural Firies to see what is happening.
Listen: NewtalkZB's Lesley Deverall with Moyd and Loretta
It is understood another person was also killed at the site, where a new high school is being built.
A shaken construction worker, Sam Nuthall, said he saw big dark clouds and thought it would just be a rainstorm but was forced to shelter between a block wall and a truck.
"You couldn't see it coming ... there was debris flying everywhere, steel getting thrown around," he told Radio New Zealand.
There were 50 to 80 people on the site and there were a few "pretty bad" injuries after the tornado struck at about 12.15pm (1015 AEDT), he said.
The Hobsonville Point secondary school, due to open in 2014, and Hawkins Construction spokesman Hamish Anderson told AAP the company was still gathering information on the disaster.
He couldn't confirm the deaths.
Watch: Amateur video of the tornado by Tony Martin
Whenuapai resident Suzanne McFadden told 3News it was "five minutes of utter devastation".
"It got very muggy, very still," she said.
"Suddenly the sky went very, very black, almost like night, and a huge wind came across the river.
"It ripped century-old pine trees out of the ground, it's taken roofs off houses, it's crushed cars and boats.
"The main street of our village looks like a bomb's gone off, and we're all very aware that it could turn around and another one could strike."
The Fire Service spokesman said there were reports of people trapped in buildings.
An ambulance spokeswoman said it was dealing with seven injured people.
Police have set up an operations base at Whenuapai and are advising motorists to be wary of flooding and drive to the conditions.
Some bus services have been stopped.
State Highway 18 and a number of roads in the area are closed.
Weatherwatch.co.nz says another band of thunderstorms and torrential downpours is moving into the area.
"We are advising people to remain indoors until the torrential rain and possible thunder has passed, most likely over the next hour or two," head weather analyst Philip Duncan said.
A thunderstorm warning is also in place for Waikato.
Storms and tornado always bring a huge loss with them and always caused a great disaster.Reformation auckland Wednesday 24 July, 2013 - 1:46 PM
These storms and tornado really make a huge disaster wherever they come.restoration auckland Thursday 11 July, 2013 - 11:49 AM
Auckland storm and tornado whenever come they made a huge disaster and after effects of storms are very bad always.renovation auckland Friday 5 July, 2013 - 5:40 PM