- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- Must Do Brisbane
- The Federal Budget
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
- Noela Fulcher on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Is there a DVD out of all those hilarious songs you play on Saturday afternoons? more
- http://vietbongda.com/ on The Federal Budget Only an auto insurance professional can Concern and warning your non owner auto insurance policies qualification for your ... more
- James Wise on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go A murderer was sent around to my mother in Mount Morgan the same day. Truth all buried under National Security, the U.S. ... more
- Bob Lord on Shock win for Blues Great game that both sides deserved to win. Hopefully another come from behind series win by Qld. more
- work from home on Has the welfare system broken? Or take advantage of some of the already existing online marketplaces for arts and crafts, and instantly reach huge ... more
- MI40 Review on Ashes clean-sweep We are now handing out Nearly a dozen dogecoins for the fortunate winner of a weblog site owner with the picked prize code. ... more
- despicable me 2 unicorn birthday cake on Magnetic 'Crime' Island For those who have absolutely nno clue which halloween costume to select for your kid, you may desire to consider selecting ... more
- Josef on Sweet Poison Make sure to keep a list of the merits and minuses regarding the different types of field glasses you're sincerely ... more
- Water Damage Hamtramck on NY hospital evacuated So, you should hire a service that deodorizes the property.However, I cannot stress enough that turning off the Mac - Book ... more
- looking For electrical work on ADHD misdiagnosis Learn fundamental information about energy saving timers to get started with your own light timer. The education of an ... more
Auckland storm and tornado
4BC Afternoons: Three people have been killed and at least seven injured after a tornado hit Auckland, New Zealand's largest city.
A Fire Service spokesman said two were killed when a concrete slab landed on a truck on St George's Road in Hobsonville, in the city's northwest.
Photo Gallery: Photos from the storm.
Moyd and Loretta cross to News Talk ZB in New Zealand to find out about the tornado and with fires burning in Helidon and Burpengary they speak with the Rural Firies to see what is happening.
Listen: NewtalkZB's Lesley Deverall with Moyd and Loretta
It is understood another person was also killed at the site, where a new high school is being built.
A shaken construction worker, Sam Nuthall, said he saw big dark clouds and thought it would just be a rainstorm but was forced to shelter between a block wall and a truck.
"You couldn't see it coming ... there was debris flying everywhere, steel getting thrown around," he told Radio New Zealand.
There were 50 to 80 people on the site and there were a few "pretty bad" injuries after the tornado struck at about 12.15pm (1015 AEDT), he said.
The Hobsonville Point secondary school, due to open in 2014, and Hawkins Construction spokesman Hamish Anderson told AAP the company was still gathering information on the disaster.
He couldn't confirm the deaths.
Watch: Amateur video of the tornado by Tony Martin
Whenuapai resident Suzanne McFadden told 3News it was "five minutes of utter devastation".
"It got very muggy, very still," she said.
"Suddenly the sky went very, very black, almost like night, and a huge wind came across the river.
"It ripped century-old pine trees out of the ground, it's taken roofs off houses, it's crushed cars and boats.
"The main street of our village looks like a bomb's gone off, and we're all very aware that it could turn around and another one could strike."
The Fire Service spokesman said there were reports of people trapped in buildings.
An ambulance spokeswoman said it was dealing with seven injured people.
Police have set up an operations base at Whenuapai and are advising motorists to be wary of flooding and drive to the conditions.
Some bus services have been stopped.
State Highway 18 and a number of roads in the area are closed.
Weatherwatch.co.nz says another band of thunderstorms and torrential downpours is moving into the area.
"We are advising people to remain indoors until the torrential rain and possible thunder has passed, most likely over the next hour or two," head weather analyst Philip Duncan said.
A thunderstorm warning is also in place for Waikato.
Storms and tornado always bring a huge loss with them and always caused a great disaster.Reformation auckland Wednesday 24 July, 2013 - 1:46 PM
These storms and tornado really make a huge disaster wherever they come.restoration auckland Thursday 11 July, 2013 - 11:49 AM
Auckland storm and tornado whenever come they made a huge disaster and after effects of storms are very bad always.renovation auckland Friday 5 July, 2013 - 5:40 PM