- Brisbane greets Tiger
- Boland back for Brisbane
- Stolen passports
- Michael Jackson's lovechild?
- Brisbane markets lend a hand
- LIVE NRL returns to 4BC
- Siege: Police injured
- Cate Blanchett wins
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota has only decided very recently, to stop manufacturing in Australia, post our Govts decision not to continue ... more
- Margaret on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Yes Yes Thank you.Will be Magic To be able to hear The N R L call HERE ON 4 BC, again. This Radio station has won me Over ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, I am not attempting to advise, simply to inform. The order of events you are suggesting is "out of whack". The ... more
- marty on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Great to see the call team back, sack the idiot who took it off, l stopped listening on the weekend, now l'm back , ... more
- James W on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" David T, Toyota were quite prepared to pull the pin, ,and they have, so why would they yield to blackmailing attempts? Ian ... more
- Vicki Franklin on Brisbane markets lend a hand Thank you for the team from Brisbane Markets, Lindsay Transport and all associated wholesalers,growers and drivers who ... more
- Peter on Calls for Island bridge I feel the non resident rate payers are already paying for the bridge when my rates are 50% more with no services than my ... more
- Kim on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Shame that Fatty & John Gibbs aren't on anymore. At least they talked football & not the garbage the Continuous Call Team ... more
- David T. on "Oh, Where's the feeling?" James, are you familiar with the concept of Union blackmail? That is the reason Toyota initially agreed to the exhorbitant ... more
- Wazza on NRL Broadcast Petition Thank God sense has prevailed and the continuous call team is back on 4BC for 2014 at least. Whomever made the decision to ... more
- http://wiki.8bitklubben.dk on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Apprecciate this post. Lett me try it out. more
- Graeme on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good move. Hopefully the person who made the decision to drop the coverage last year has been sacked.G4F6W7 more
- Anthony on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Good one 4BC. Saves me having to stream it this year. A good management decision. Congrats more
- bil gilmourl on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Goodon you 4bc. Almost gave 4bc away and was listening to 2gb on internet radio. Great call with ray hadley and the gang, ... more
- joseph on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Thanks 4BC - a great decision - I'll be listening to 4BC all weekend from now on! more
- marion j heiman on David Hobson: Bang Bang can some one tell me the name of Mr. Hobson's newest album...something about a red rose? is it available in the U.S.? He is ... more
- William Sheehan on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Very please to hear that the Continuous Call Team have returned to the Big BC, I can now leave the computer on weekends more
- James Styles on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC Having Distant Relatives Living in Queensland means that i have 4BC to Thank for Returning Rugby League to the Airwaves. more
- lee on Schapelle Corby, released weather evidence was produced or withheld,she was found guilty by indonesian law.she paid the price and now is free,on ... more
- harry on LIVE NRL returns to 4BC thank you 4bc for the return of the big man show.now,it"s up to the broncs,titans and cowboys to deliver the goods for us ... more
Auckland storm and tornado
4BC Afternoons: Three people have been killed and at least seven injured after a tornado hit Auckland, New Zealand's largest city.
A Fire Service spokesman said two were killed when a concrete slab landed on a truck on St George's Road in Hobsonville, in the city's northwest.
Photo Gallery: Photos from the storm.
Moyd and Loretta cross to News Talk ZB in New Zealand to find out about the tornado and with fires burning in Helidon and Burpengary they speak with the Rural Firies to see what is happening.
Listen: NewtalkZB's Lesley Deverall with Moyd and Loretta
It is understood another person was also killed at the site, where a new high school is being built.
A shaken construction worker, Sam Nuthall, said he saw big dark clouds and thought it would just be a rainstorm but was forced to shelter between a block wall and a truck.
"You couldn't see it coming ... there was debris flying everywhere, steel getting thrown around," he told Radio New Zealand.
There were 50 to 80 people on the site and there were a few "pretty bad" injuries after the tornado struck at about 12.15pm (1015 AEDT), he said.
The Hobsonville Point secondary school, due to open in 2014, and Hawkins Construction spokesman Hamish Anderson told AAP the company was still gathering information on the disaster.
He couldn't confirm the deaths.
Watch: Amateur video of the tornado by Tony Martin
Whenuapai resident Suzanne McFadden told 3News it was "five minutes of utter devastation".
"It got very muggy, very still," she said.
"Suddenly the sky went very, very black, almost like night, and a huge wind came across the river.
"It ripped century-old pine trees out of the ground, it's taken roofs off houses, it's crushed cars and boats.
"The main street of our village looks like a bomb's gone off, and we're all very aware that it could turn around and another one could strike."
The Fire Service spokesman said there were reports of people trapped in buildings.
An ambulance spokeswoman said it was dealing with seven injured people.
Police have set up an operations base at Whenuapai and are advising motorists to be wary of flooding and drive to the conditions.
Some bus services have been stopped.
State Highway 18 and a number of roads in the area are closed.
Weatherwatch.co.nz says another band of thunderstorms and torrential downpours is moving into the area.
"We are advising people to remain indoors until the torrential rain and possible thunder has passed, most likely over the next hour or two," head weather analyst Philip Duncan said.
A thunderstorm warning is also in place for Waikato.
Storms and tornado always bring a huge loss with them and always caused a great disaster.Reformation auckland Wednesday 24 July, 2013 - 1:46 PM
These storms and tornado really make a huge disaster wherever they come.restoration auckland Thursday 11 July, 2013 - 11:49 AM
Auckland storm and tornado whenever come they made a huge disaster and after effects of storms are very bad always.renovation auckland Friday 5 July, 2013 - 5:40 PM