- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Asylum seekers: $375M redirected
4BC Drive: The Federal Government has announced it will be redirecting $375m worth of foreign aid money towards asylum seekers, angering many in the community who feel it is a way of "robbing Peter to pay Paul".
Federal Member for Brisbane Teresa Gambaro is highly critical of the move and joins Gary Hardgrave to discuss.
Blasts from the past Bob, looking in from your alternative universe again are you, you need to widen the portal.
The old saying of, he who will not learn from the past is destined to repeat it, holds true.BELLA Friday 21 December, 2012 - 1:24 AM
Bob Lord, what I did say was $147.3 Billion, but as you corrected me
Wednesday 19 December, 2012 - 1:18 PM
I thought it only prudent to use your figure of $250 Billion as you are the font of knowledge of all things ALP. I assumed that that did not include the NBN as the creative accounting by Mr Swan puts that borrowing into the development investments column, or some such other fantasy. so I will now use $300 Billion as the debt figure.
But, back to the subject at hand.
After Bob Carr used the Gillard tactic to avoid the answer to the question he did admit to what the ALP have done. It appears that it took a leak from the Treasury to out them on this one.
It is reported that the figure of HALF A BILLION is what has already been approved.
Got to hand it to the ALP machine, applying the boiling frog technique, again.BELLA Friday 21 December, 2012 - 12:56 AM
A. Wayne Swann was the village idiot.
Borrowed without any plan to repay.Rich Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 12:44 PM
Thanks Dick i'm a lot wiser now and will never let ANYONE borrow my chooks again, anybody want to borrow a watermelon?roger Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 10:38 AM
Rich, what sort of idiot would enter a commercial venture happy to get less than a 0.333% return on investment?James W Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 10:37 AM
'freinds', Rich? Thier, mick? Did you guys cheat off each other at school or do you 'both' live in the one brain?James W Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 10:34 AM