- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Apple Maps lost in Brisbane
4BC Drive: Victoria Police say a glitch in Apple's new iPhone mapping system is putting lives at risk by sending motorists into isolated parkland.
The latest version of the Apple iOS software for iPhones, iPads, and the iPod Touch, has been causing heartache for its users since the software was released in late September 2012.
4BC has found the follow errors, problems and omissions in the mapping system that affect the Brisbane area.
Join the conversation in the comments below and share your experiences with Apple’s maps.
A search for Mildura, in Brisbane, takes you to Hawthorne instead.
A further search for Mildura, Vic, takes you about 70km south of the township.
Apple Maps places the Roma Street Parklands next to Toombul Station.
A search for churches in Brisbane.
A search for Telstra stores in Brisbane. A Whitepages search reveals at least 30 stores.
A search for Sushi restaurants in Brisbane.
A search for pizza in Brisbane.
A search for directions to the Airport leaves out a few details.
A search for a hospital in Yeronga takes you to a residential home.
Port Macquarie in NSW can be found about 30km west of the actual town.
Moreton Bay is now inland on Apple Maps.
A search for fast food chain, McDonalds, finds only a handful of the stores.
A search for 4BC takes you to the wrong side of the river. The 4BC studios are in Cannon Hill.
How to fix your business location on Apple Maps
1) Open the Apple Maps app
2) Search for your business name
3) Select the page fold in the bottom right
4) Select Report a Problem
5) Select Location is missing, then Next
6) Position the pin to the correct location, then Next
7) Enter your business deatils, don't forget to enter the business name!
8) Make sure you select a category
9) Finaly, select Send
Correcting the location of the 4BC studios, step 6 above.
Listing on Yelp
Apple's business, restaruant and local shops listings also come from Yelp.com, a reviews website.
What's up everybody, here every person is sharing these kinds of knowledge, so it's good to read this website, and I used
to pay a quick visit this web site every day.miami car accident lawyer Thursday 9 January, 2014 - 8:43 AM
Hey very nice blog!pilates classes Wednesday 24 April, 2013 - 5:01 AM
Use Google Maps until further notice.James W Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 11:59 AM
I'v reported that the german club is further down the road than it should be (even though if you search the exact address it goes to the correct location) about 7 times now. It still hasn't been fixeddfgd Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:27 PM
Just shows that you culd sell anything if you put an " I " in front of it.
Even if it is utter crap.
The I Phone is not the best smart phone on the market.
The I pad is not the best tablet.
The I Book is not the best notebook.
The power of marketing has convinced the mindless masses to buy them regardless.
Apple are now suffering the IBM syndrome of the early 70's.
Most software and apps are aimed at the Apple Op systems regardless of it being an inferior product.
The mindless consumer dictates the market. Not innovation and technology.Rich Monday 10 December, 2012 - 2:59 PM
These bloody things can't find my place either and that means that tradespeople get extremely frustrated.
However they certainly can save a lot of arguments in the car.Bob Lord Monday 10 December, 2012 - 2:36 PM