- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
Anti-depressant use doubled
4BC Breakfast: A new study has found that anti-depressants are being over-prescribed by doctors.
Peter and Mary from 4BC Breakfast take up the issue with GP Dr Ginni Mansberg.
Use of antidepressants doubles in 10 years
A study's found the willingness of GPs to write prescriptions for antidepressants has significantly contributed to a doubling of the use of such drugs in Australia over the past decade.
The report says relentless marketing strategies by pharmaceutical companies have also played a part in Australians increasingly relying on antidepressants to treat mental health issues.
It found the psychotropic medications market has increased by 58 per cent since 2000.
The increase has occurred across antidepressants, sedatives, antipsychotics, mood stabilisers and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder medications - all of which which act on the brain to control mood and behaviour.
Senior author of the report, Professor Iain McGregor, says while he doesn't want to question the experience or clinical judgement of GPs, alternatives to medication are sometimes overlooked.
Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this
site with us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Outstanding blog and excellent style and design.bone Cancer Spine Friday 5 July, 2013 - 1:00 PM
Hmmmm i have found that lighting farts has relieved some depression or has at least lightened the mood!!!!roger Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 9:56 PM
Pete B, i'm over it, why do you insist on grouping the folk that don't agree with you as one entity, come on man, as i have stated previously i will sign a Stat Dec. to prove that "i am me" and me alone, get it through your thick skull you "goon"roger Sunday 18 November, 2012 - 9:45 PM
Bob Lord, also posting as James W, roger, just me & other Imbeciles, still lost your mind I see but at least you have began to realise that you make false comments continually, just post as one person you Goon.Peter B Saturday 17 November, 2012 - 8:16 AM
Bob lord - you are out of line. This is fracking serious. CSG could roon the world. I've seen it on the television, bubbles coming out of the sand into our creeks and I've seen people lighting matches near a tap that had water coming out.
And who knows what happens when the CSGers Frack. What sort of Godzillas are being created down there.Harry Friday 16 November, 2012 - 7:33 PM
No worries Rich - you worry about the methane gas please, I'm sure it's a major problem that needs worrying about. Especially how the lefties deal with it. We know THEY never do anything right don't we eh? Nudge, nudge wink wink.
Well done mick - enjoying your gloom and doom again I see. Try stronger medicine.Bob Lord Friday 16 November, 2012 - 5:08 PM