- Robin Williams dead, aged 63
- We’re at the Ekka!
- VIDEO: Terrorist discussion
- Origin support
- Suzuki comp - LAST CHANCE
- Premier announces Telethon
- Beatles Day
- Shock win for Blues
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Bruce Norman on Farewell Mark 'The Ear' I started listening to Mark when the 4BC came to Tasmania, and I just think the "turf teasers", even though you have to wake ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge Did buy a block to build and retire to one day. It's nice to get good clean discussion about the Bridge , not to sure about ... more
- Helen Arnall on Calls for Island bridge Private enterprises could be used to build a bridge - Look to Isle of Skye in Scotland - lots of protests, but successfully ... more
- Dale on Crime corner Whiskey au Go Go Bluey O.Gorman loved to go the knuckle with the smartys but no way was he involved with the rat pack or ever on the take. more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a fast growing community with needs as any other. A bridge would give RI residents a future with ... more
- GregHS on Calls for Island bridge Walter, if I say just one word - parking, that would crush your arguments. No matter what, growing population will not stop ... more
- James W on Calls for Island bridge Island Owners should stump the money up, if they want it. It will be their land values that will increase to offset the ... more
- walter on Calls for Island bridge The whole idea of island living is the apeal of seperation & apart from mainland living. A bridge would ultimately destroy ... more
- Debbie Copnell on Kim Mothershaw Cruise Hi Kim How's the family? My father heard you advertise on radio a cruise to Gallipoli for Anzac day next year. Could you ... more
- Craig on VIDEO: Terrorist discussion Only trouble with this video is it was created on the 16th July, that is a day before the plane was destroyed. So who is ... more
- Ash Gulati on Calls for Island bridge OMG still no bridge, I thought it will be due for maintenance soon... since how long the residents been yelling for one... ... more
- Cheryl on Calls for Island bridge Dear readers.Russell Island is defianetly growing.Why because the demand of affordable land is sadly becoming unavailable.I ... more
- CHARLES on New banknotes Like to see just plenty of $100 notes shared around.. more
- Karen on Boland back for Brisbane I would listen in the mornings if Warren Boland STAYED, otherwise NO!!!! more
- mal moon on 30 pubs in 30 days I would like to get the sound track from 30 pubs in 30 days more
- jodi on New banknotes tacky looking, surely they can put these amazing Australian's on notes that don't look like so cartoony, i think its the ... more
- Reg on Boland back for Brisbane Great to hear that at least 4BC knows Warren's value. ABC really lost the plot when they dumped him. I'm just at a loss to ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge If you would like to support Russell Island Queensland please join Russell Island Queensland Bridge supporters on Facebook. ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Russell Island is a community & part of the RCC & should be treated as such. If they need a better solution to transport ... more
- Geoff Emerton on Beatles Day Without any doubt, the biggest sporting event in the world is the Hockey World Cup. How come there is no mention of it? more
America's gun debate
4BC Breakfast: Could America change its gun laws, in response to the weekend school shooting tragedy?
Kim and Victoria from 4BC Breakfast hear from News Director Scott Mayman in the US, and Foreign Affairs expert Dr Keith Suter.
wow! helluva comeback mick! You REALLY put me in my place hahaha!
no, I can't help myself when it comes to exposing TROLLS like you for what they are...ie:pathetic attention seeking losers.andy Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 11:38 AM
"The murder of children certainly matters to ME and Aussies with any kind of human decency and compassion", typical of this jerk, me me me me me in his mind he only thinks that he is the only one here with a compassionate bone. No Australians or no one here have have lacked human decency or compassion. Typical of a controlling idiot Andy just can't help yourself can you. You are the only obnoxious moron here.mick Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 8:51 AM
Perhaps if the adults slaughtered in this crazyness had been packing thier own defence then maybe instead of being a hopeless victim and unable to protect the children, they may have been in a better position to be able to stop the killing before it started.billy qld Tuesday 18 December, 2012 - 1:28 AM
A little known statistic is that the US ranks 18th in the world gun related homicides but number 1 in gun related suicides.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rateRich Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:51 AM
The murder of children certainly matters to ME and Aussies with any kind of human decency and compassion, doesn't matter where it happens. Only a totally obnoxious moron would think otherwise... Let's hope the US finally bans the possession of assault rifles etc. Surely only the army and police need that kind of firepower.andy Monday 17 December, 2012 - 11:08 AM
The ONLY solution is truth. Gillard recently attacked the tobacco companies and was commended. Shortly after it was revealed she had billions of Australian public dollars invested in tobacco. That may not be criminal misrepresentation but it is certainly pushing the boundaries. How many media companies and representatives have publically declared who the primary shareholders of the gun companies are. Or the tobacco companies. The psychological influence of Hollywood and the media has a profound ability to change public sentiment. That is scientifically proven and beyond debate. That is the basis by which interrogation and advertising works. Keep telling anyone the sky is purple long enough and it penetrated their subconscious and they believe it. No other media facility reaches more people than Hollywood. America has its entire economy and future tied up in military assets. The only way to stay financially afloat is to utilise that asset. A worldwide sentiment of doom and gloom accompanied with a dramatically increased collective propensity and acceptance of violence is a little too convenient. The primary shareholders of the arms companies are the same party that is the primary shareholders of the tobacco companies and Hollywood and the media. We all know it is the banks yet not a single word is ever published in THEIR media facilities. In their home country of Switzerland where they store trillions in gold underground servicemen and ex servicemen take home fully automatic weapons and bulk ammunition as part of the national defence plan to protect their primary industry. Switzerland also has one of the most severe levels of control over media and movie violence. The problem can be solved but only with truth. Follow the money. Expose the party making the most money and exerting the most influence.The Truth and Nothing But Monday 17 December, 2012 - 10:49 AM