- Nelson Mandela died aged 95
- YouTube Crisis
- The Rolling Stones 14 On Fire Tour
- Having issues streaming 4BC?
- 4BC Line-up for 2014
- Boulder blocking highway
- Mary Collier Press Release
- Bieber's graffiti - will it stay or go?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Nathan on YouTube Crisis I remember seeing that "highly trained monkeys" error message back in 2007. Haven't seen it for a long time though. more
- bob gallagher on Greg Cary calls time out Greg Carey, you will be missed. A great talent, thinker and communicator, Brisbane radio will be a lesser place without ... more
- Margaret Battock on Greg Cary calls time out GaryI will miss your intelligence and unbiased opinions that you give to your guests as well as to your many listeners.Your ... more
- Paul on Greg Cary calls time out Greg, I am going to miss your line when you open your show...life is rich. It epitomises your approach to life. Your well ... more
- peter on Greg Cary calls time out greg is an absolute gentleman, a true friend, as well the most fair and intelligent presenters, hoping all the best in the ... more
- David on Vicious magpie I've just been for a job intro', in Broadmeadows! There's a pair of nesting Magpies, in the area! As I was crossing the ... more
- Sharni Steel on YouTube Crisis Google deserves to burn forever in the firey pits of Hades. I am still looking for a viable alternative to google services, ... more
- Anthony on Green Ant Bite Treatments I think the new line up is just great. Hopefully we will now have unbiased political talk back radio as talk back radio ... more
- Nicki on Green Ant Bite Treatments A quick and easy one Plaese???// more
- carole green on Mary Collier Press Release Sorry but you have lost me also. Mary, Peter, Greg, Gary were all great. You can keep the rest mostly and I will go ... more
- Leeonie on Mary Collier Press Release What are you doing 4bc , you have let go the best presenters in radio, Yes we need to be informed but it is in how it is ... more
- Susan Mooney on 12 things about Ben Davis What is happening to Moyd Kay?. He and Loretta are great together. Get someone else for mornings I have never heard of the ... more
- Julia Mackintosh on Mary Collier Press Release Mary you will be greatly missed by 4BC listeners. You were delightful and you and Peter Dick were amazing as a team. Not so ... more
- Dean on Mary Collier Press Release I stopped listening to 4BC when they dropped the continuous call team. more
- Sue Perry on Mary Collier Press Release Absolutely shattered! Mary, I have loved listening to you! Yoou and Peter were my saviours during my drive time in the ... more
- jan on Mary Collier Press Release What have you done to a once great radio station. My dial is off 4bc for good more
- Sandra on Mary Collier Press Release Oh my, What is happening at 4BC. I've been a listener for some time now and I know the station has changed bigtime. It's not ... more
- judith on Mary Collier Press Release Good. Now for some talent with Loretta more
- Jim Seaton on Mary Collier Press Release Too many changes and media releases can not remove listeners doubts of poor culture st1116Greg Mary Peter Gary ... more
- Graham from Kuraby on Mary Collier Press Release Mary, you and Peter filled my mornings. Your honesty was great and I will miss all your stories. I will forever love 4bc but ... more
Airport Link in trouble
4BC Drive: The operators of Brisbane's Airport Link tunnel, BrisConnections, have been placed in a trading halt before the release of details regarding "cruicial talks with it's bankers." Should the government subsidise the tunnel by shadow tolling?
BrisConnections, through its traffic forecaster Arup, had predicted the Airport Link would attract about 135,000 vehicles a day just a month after it opened, rising to 291,000 vehicles in 2026.
But its latest figures show daily traffic volumes totalled just 66,000 vehicles in October.
Nick Behrens, the General Manager of advocacy for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and Michael Roth, RACQ's Executive Manager of public policy, both join Gary Hardgrave on 4BC Drive to discuss the future of Brisbane's tunnels and toll roads.
Join the conversation
Join the conversation in the comments below or on Twitter @4BC
BRB, driving down the airport link tunnel 10 times to use up my prepaid credit before they go bankrupts and trouser it.— Christopher Biggs (@unixbigot) November 12, 2012
If Brisbane toll road operators continue to go bust, does this not tell you something about the culture of Brisbane road users?— Laura Gannon (@_lauragannon_) November 12, 2012
After suffering 3.5 years with trucks I get great delight from watching Airport link drowning slowly brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/con…— King of Kedron (@Kedron_King) November 12, 2012
Airport Link-M7 shares on hold, allegations private practice doctors ripping off public monies and Public Sector decimated This is QLD 2012— Trevor Jones (@TrevnMitchelton) November 12, 2012
Who would have thought Airport Link would fail? Oh that’s right, every impartial person who looked at the project.— Chris O'Regan (@monkeytypist) November 12, 2012
I made the mistake of using the Airport Link during the "FREE" period only to get a bill in the mail charging me saying because i hadn't signed up for a tag i must pay...with extra charge for "search"roger Friday 14 December, 2012 - 2:00 PM
I'm estatic to see a new post, I was going through detriment! I delight in reading your blog, I can't get
enough of it!web designer massachusetts Friday 14 December, 2012 - 12:45 AM
would not pay a dollar, it dumps in a carpet of traffic everyday, you are just paying for the inevidble traffic jam unless of course you are a tourist or going to the airport.mick Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 4:05 PM
I have succesfully avoided toll roads ever since they have taken away the toll booths.
If there was spare change in the console, I took the toll.
Nowadays I go out of my way to avoid them on principal.Rich Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 2:55 PM
You want to get people going through AIRPORT LINK? Charge $1 each way and traffic will just glide through the tunnel each day.
Isn't $135,000 (on the original estimate of 135,000) a day better then hoping that you'll even get that a day right now? Aim to make the money back, not raise the tolls even higher and alienate the customers who are still using the tunnels right now. The minute they raise the tolls early to the 2013 prices you can kiss at least half of the people still using the Airport Link Goodbye.
And we have so many ground level options to use, it may take longer but $2 worth of petrol and a extra 15 minutes doesn't really bother us.Kelly Thursday 15 November, 2012 - 1:36 PM
@ Barry, why do roads have to make money?
Surely the government receives enough from fuel tax, registrations and traffic offences to fund such infrastructure.
Or is this a tax on a tax?Rich Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 1:10 PM