- "Like a bomb going off".
- Storm clean-up info
- Slacks Creek inquest
- Supercell storm: catastrophe
- Massive hail storm hits Brisbane
- Phillip Hughes Tributes
- 75 people arrested in drug raids
- Daniel Morcombe murder: Appeal
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Johno on Calls for Island bridge To all Ratepayers,Investors or Residents of Russell Island,the Occupational Health and Safety of people and Environment is ... more
- geoffrey on Police shootings why was there a disturbance , because someone did not respect the man that was shot, show respect to all people and you ... more
- Craig on Calls for Island bridge Put a Casino on Russel Island and you will have your bridge, money talks a bridge to Wave Island is on the cards because ... more
- Craig on Pauline Hanson to stand at next state ... What ever happened to the politicians who had her thrown in gaol? False accusations and they continue to their political ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Join our fight to bridge Russell Island. Looking for all land, investment owners/ rate payers of Russell Island. We have a ... more
- Welcome to Australia on G20 Brisbane Blog Dignitaries, honoured guests, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Australia. Some of the finest minds in the world have ... more
- Terry on Calls for Island bridge It's fairly obvious why the council and State Government have not proceeded with the bridge. It would mean that they would ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Barge/ ferry fees are continuously climbing (barges now $100 return), leaving residents unable to afford to continue to ... more
- Jeff Deslandes on Jeff Deslandes For those interested in my story...It's now October 2014, still have regular booster injections of my vaccine, remain free ... more
- John on Calls for Island bridge RITA the Bridge Majority all know you are for the Bridge. The bridge to Bribie has made it the most unique pristine life ... more
- Rita on Calls for Island bridge Reg, I am all for a bridge to Russell Island... It is well over due/ the only solution to fix the ongoing parking & ... more
- Reg Southern on Calls for Island bridge I'm with Rita too. The bridge to Bribie Island is destroying Bribie Island. The whole reason for moving here and living ... more
- From Ebola to military on our streets on Ebola tests return negative First and foremost is the potential threat. Every time the virus infects a new host it mutates and becomes stronger. At the ... more
- Dirty Harry on Terror suspect planned to behead police The Victorian police are nationally renowned for firing the warning shot into the chest of the alleged criminal. Not once ... more
- Justin on Terror suspect planned to behead police If a bikie did this there'd be no holding back. But a Muslim, oh no, "Islam is peaceful, he acted alone." But then again, ... more
- Its decision time on Terror suspect planned to behead police Consider these issues. The Ukraine, Malaysian Airlines, Ebola, ISIS and Syria. Considered in isolation they all assist the ... more
- CRY FREEDOM on Terror raids in Australia Thanks labor for letting them in by the boat loads. more
- Gutless Wonders on Terror raids in Australia How do you sleep at night. How can you look into your childrens eyes and not accept the fact that your actions are ... more
- All stand in applause for WA on Terror raids in Australia How clever is WA. We should all take of our hats to their extraordinary contribution. The WA division of Fairfax radio is ... more
- Australia is a nation under siege on Terror raids in Australia When foreign or domestic enemies attack or seek to undermine Australia, government is the first line of defence. When ... more
Abbott finally reads judgement
4BC News: Opposition Leader Tony Abbott says he has now read the judgment in the Peter Slipper and James Ashby case, and still stands by Mal Brough.
Mr Abbott came under fire this week for saying he had not read the judgment handed down last Wednesday because he had been "doing very important things for Australia" in the United Kingdom.
The judgment found Mr Brough, the coalition's candidate for Mr Slipper's Queensland seat of Fisher, had worked in "combination" with Mr Ashby to politically damage the former speaker by lodging the case.
When asked in Sydney on Thursday whether he had read the judgment, Mr Abbott said he had.
"Yes I have, and I absolutely stand by Mal Brough," Mr Abbott told reporters.
He refused to comment further.
Minister for Trade Craig Emerson said on Wednesday that Mr Abbott's failure to read the document, which had a seven-page summary, was a "damning indictment".
Rumor has it the Mad Monk was waiting for the the judgement with pictures.James W Friday 21 December, 2012 - 8:40 AM
You are correct Bella in most thinking Australians who would have bothered to read the judgement, they would conclude that it is nothing more than a judgement which is clearly politically motivated and that he has abused his position as a judge to defame numerous people. This is labor for you now manipulating courts and abusing parlimentary priviledge. This coupled with thier attempts in seeking to kill freedom of speach is yet more symptoms of thier real agendas, wake up Australians.mick Friday 21 December, 2012 - 7:20 AM
Well mick, you can read the court's judgement here. It may help. Sorry about the big words.
http://ashbygate.com/Bob Lord Friday 21 December, 2012 - 5:56 AM
Yes Bob, plenty of questions, like, why did Miss Gillard as a partner in a law firm plead the case for the AWU Workplace Reform Association to be registered.
As a lawyer and a Union lawyer at that, are we the people to believe that she was just young and naÃ?Â¯ve.
The rules of incorporation are very clear even to a lay person.Amy Friday 21 December, 2012 - 2:05 AM
Oh, Bob, slipped into the parallel universe again have you.
Since when did Miss Gillard answer questions.
Julia Gillard refuses to answer questions about plotting Kevin Rudd's overthrow
Julia Gillard .. Why Did You Lie? Adam Bandt Answers The Question!
Yes the bar has been set, at a very low level, and I for one am not happy with this new paradigm in Australian politics.BELLA Friday 21 December, 2012 - 1:21 AM
When you read the facts Bob Liar it is always different to what you say that is why you are always wrong, you even got it wrong with footy video ref issue, supporting the cheats once again.mick Thursday 20 December, 2012 - 11:22 PM