- Friday Drinks 210314
- Must Do Brisbane
- Must Do Brisbane
- Must Do Brisbane
- Must Do Brisbane 140314
- Friday Drinks 140314
- One Punch Ads on QLD Cabs
- Q Wine 070314
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jarad on Q Wine 070314 I listened to the 'Friday afternoon drinks' segment last Friday 7 march and Steve never mentioned where to get any of the ... more
- Dave on The Garden City peacock I am wondering if the peacock has been auctioned yet...i know it is nearly 12 months since the story but it has just been ... more
- Barry Wilson on 40 years of ignored complaints Well now it is the 1 st February 2014 and the community is still waiting for some drainage action to take place. Web site ... more
- Paul Pot on Should marijuana be taxed? No don't tax any-thing. Legalize it and tax income. more
- Allen Dawson on Technology dismantles, lives rebuilt This is really impressive way to rebuild the technology and to give new shape by rebuild. more
- Sharon Jackson on Mates4Mates: Sydney to Hobart Congratulations to Mates 4 Mates for taking on the challenge of the Sydney to Hobart race! I commend your bravery & courage. ... more
- mick on Qantas to cut 1,000 jobs Bob the mouth wants to be a Qantas FF but he nothing more than a Frequent Liar. more
- Craig on G20: Are we ready? The objective of Banks is not the conflict, it's the control of the debt that a conflict produces.The real value of a ... more
- James W on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly 'general public of good people' can arm themselves mick, join a gun club. more
- mick on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly If the police are allowed to take their weapons home if they feel threatened so why can't the general public of good people ... more
- mick on Gareth Evans on Mandela Really who cares what Gareth Evans thinks about on any matter. more
- Bob Lord on Bikie laws to be challenged We must control these bikies.One was arrested on the weekend for helping his partner sell second hand clothes in the wrong ... more
- Bob Lord on Qantas to cut 1,000 jobs Dear Mr JoyceI am an ex Qantas FF. The reason I no longer use your company is because you left passengers stranded around ... more
- Barra on Bikie laws to be challenged If the public do not like what the courts are doing why make laws against individuals. What about Radio announcers Darren ... more
- kernel fudpucker on High-speed rail inches closer Ask him who really owns this railway project, SERCO SERCO !! Wake up all you brainwashed idiots to the massive corporation ... more
- James W on Asylum seekers moved to Brisbane Scott Morrison your man if you want to keep foreigners away from Australia, he was responsible for the 'where the bloody ... more
- Sue on Dangerous development I am a casual operator at this Depo. more
- James W on Bizarre postcode allocations Post codes are developed by postal services for postal services purposes. If some other industry wants to use them, then ... more
- Colene Mae on Bizarre postcode allocations Good idea, but I do hope that they do not get so complicated as they are in Canada, for instance the post code for my friend ... more
- Colene Mae on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly Stooping to personal abuse is so typical of the fanatical. more
Why Airportlink M7 failed
4BC Drive: Just 7 months after opening, the $4.8b Airport Link tunnel has been placed into voluntary administration.
Dr John Goldberg prepared an analysis of BrisConnections late last year and said the company had over estimated traffic flows, setting shareholders up for failure.
Goldberg also predicted the financial collapse of Sydney's Lane Cove and Cross City Tunnels and is perplexed as to why they all these major toll roads in Australia have followed the same unsuccessful model.
Dr Goldberg joins Gary Hardgrave to explain that despite it being an example of exceptional engineering, the controversial road was doomed from the start.
Join the conversation on Brisbane's tunnels in the comments. Where would you put a tunnel in Brisbane? Are the tolls too high?
Listen: Dr John Goldberg with Gary Hardgrave.
Listen: Paul Turner from RACQ has his say on Airport Link's voluntary administration
Comon Bob the slob just because your labor morons can't do a surplus so you think deficits are good, particulary funded by borrowed money, what a cretin you are.mick Wednesday 27 February, 2013 - 4:28 PM
Runny, I'm the Gateway Bridge's toll has been lifted several times since then, lol.James W Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 12:04 PM
Probably because they were put under pressure by the dildo public who think deficits are a bad idea.Bob Lord Wednesday 20 February, 2013 - 12:39 PM
@ Bob, you seem willing to defend the Governments decisions, so answer this.
Why were public utilities and essential infrastructure privatised by susccesive governments?
These private companies now hold the Australian people to ransom with tolls and charges spiralling out of control.
Why do the Chinese control our waterways, why does the Macquarie group control our roads.
Why are private companies controlling the power grid, gas and dams?
In such a wealthy country , this is bordering on being criminal and those that sold us out , should be held accountable.
Lets have an enquiry into the last 30 years of political sell offs in the interst of short term gains.Rich Wednesday 20 February, 2013 - 11:32 AM
Couple of problems there Ron of Brighton.
CanLie has frozen rego so the Qld Gov is receiving less money. The toll roads aren't making money with the existing toll so would be way worse off at 50 cents a trip.
10 bucks a car rego rise would raise about 20 million dollars - the Clem 7 and the Airport link cost about 7 Billion between them.
If you want good infrastructure you have to pay for it somehow or deficits just keep getting bigger.
It would be great if the governments just printed money, didn't raise taxes or charge tolls or fees for anything but life just ain't like that.Bob Lord Wednesday 20 February, 2013 - 10:43 AM
Can anyone remember the politician that said the gateway toll would be lifted by 1991.
My idea on Toll Roads
1. Set price for all at 50 cents a trip on all toll roads.
2. Add $10 to everyone's rego to enable all to use the toll roads with no more to pay
3. Abolish all tolls.
The main reason for poor totals on the Airport link is the price.
If they would have made it 50 cents a trip it would have worked.
I would like to see all toll roads FREE of chargeRonny Of Brighton QLD Tuesday 19 February, 2013 - 8:19 PM