- Grandparents as child carers
- G20: Are we ready?
- Pooches in prison
- Gareth Evans on Mandela
- Fardon release
- Qantas to cut 1,000 jobs
- Plans to curb Coles-Woolies duopoly
- Council poll shake up
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- James W on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly 'general public of good people' can arm themselves mick, join a gun club. more
- mick on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly If the police are allowed to take their weapons home if they feel threatened so why can't the general public of good people ... more
- mick on Gareth Evans on Mandela Really who cares what Gareth Evans thinks about on any matter. more
- Bob Lord on Bikie laws to be challenged We must control these bikies.One was arrested on the weekend for helping his partner sell second hand clothes in the wrong ... more
- Bob Lord on Qantas to cut 1,000 jobs Dear Mr JoyceI am an ex Qantas FF. The reason I no longer use your company is because you left passengers stranded around ... more
- Barra on Bikie laws to be challenged If the public do not like what the courts are doing why make laws against individuals. What about Radio announcers Darren ... more
- kernel fudpucker on High-speed rail inches closer Ask him who really owns this railway project, SERCO SERCO !! Wake up all you brainwashed idiots to the massive corporation ... more
- James W on Asylum seekers moved to Brisbane Scott Morrison your man if you want to keep foreigners away from Australia, he was responsible for the 'where the bloody ... more
- Sue on Dangerous development I am a casual operator at this Depo. more
- James W on Bizarre postcode allocations Post codes are developed by postal services for postal services purposes. If some other industry wants to use them, then ... more
- Colene Mae on Bizarre postcode allocations Good idea, but I do hope that they do not get so complicated as they are in Canada, for instance the post code for my friend ... more
- Colene Mae on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly Stooping to personal abuse is so typical of the fanatical. more
- excusez moi ms bleu on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly Now now Colene or it is coalseam! Really darling,when you finally manage to get your pimms clear of the bean bag,you might ... more
- Eric the Great on Who's running Gold Coast Hospital? Actually Colene Mae the problem as described could be fixed in a month. Buy much needed supplies and hire more nurses.We ... more
- Colene Mae on Who's running Gold Coast Hospital? So typical, years and years of ALP mismanagement of tax payers funds and the Conservatives are supposed to fix it all up in ... more
- Colene Mae on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly The WHARF DISPUTE in 1996. for goodness sake.The Unions were strangling this country.You are like the French in Quebec who ... more
- Colene Mae on Stranded by Brisbane River A bus load of people to jam the system is not that far fetched. Jim Soorley used to send a bus to the university to take ... more
- Colene Mae on Asylum seekers moved to Brisbane SHOCK HORROR ~ The Coalition Government policies are working. Of course the usual suspects are spreading mis-information ... more
- Bob Lord on Orphanages in Cambodia A very worthy cause indeed. Visiting these orphanages makes you very aware how lucky we Aussies are. Help out if ... more
- Jennifer Nash on CMC under control Having the independent MPs Liz Cunningham or Peter Wellington chair the PCMC is undoubtedly in the publics best interest. ... more
Fluoride or Drugs?
4BC Drive: MP says he would rather spend the rest of his life taking a banned performance-enhancing substance than drinking fluoridated water.
Dr Steve Hambleton, President of the Australian Medical Association joins Gary Hardgrave to discuss fluoride.
Fluoride is an element, it comes from Mother Nature.James W Sunday 24 February, 2013 - 11:59 AM
Where does the fluoride come from exactly. Never did say.
How is it made? Does it come from China? Why aren't these politicians and AMA spokespeople banning soft drinks, cakes and cookies. They are the cause of tooth decay. They create acids that eat at the tooth enamel, and sugar also cause obesity and diabetes. Since when do you add chemicals to water to fight tooth decay, obesity and diabetes. Water already contains over 40 chemicals. How many more chemicals do we need to keep us healthy? Heaven help us if these are the best people we have.Harry Gee Wednesday 20 February, 2013 - 11:03 AM
One of the biggest public enquiries is needed into the sale of government owned assets.
Lets start with the sale of Utilities and Road infrastructure.
NO Utilities, waterways or roads should ever be sold to private companies.
These assets should be listed as essential services and should NEVER EVER have been sold.
To get to the bottom of this we need to go back 20 years or so when Government's decided, in their infinite wisdom, that it was time to sell off our assets to those who now hold us to ransom in the name of the shareholder.Rich Wednesday 20 February, 2013 - 10:33 AM
Fluoride is not a mineral supplement or a nutrient. Never has been & never will be. It is not essential for human well being. If fluoride is such a panacea for dental health why do we still have decay rates in fluoridated cities as bad or worse than non fluoridated areas after 65-70 yrs usage? Furthermore if it's such a panacea then wouldn't after 60 plus years wouldn't dentists be obsolete? The chemicals used are not & never have been "natural". They do not occur anywhere in nature, they are industrial toxic wastes. It's a lie to say different. The pro-fluoridists are totally behind the times regarding scientific research into this ineffectual & dangerous practise, with many eminent scientists proving it is harmful to ingest & has no benefit in preventing tooth decay.Neil A. Sunday 17 February, 2013 - 8:55 AM
Anne re: "Both my children are now in their mid/late 30's and haven't been poisoned, and neither have the rest of our family, friends nor business associates." How do you know the long term affects? They have a lot of life to live,as do you & your friends I imagine. I hope you don't have any major illnesses later on ... it could be fluoride related as it's an accumulative poison. Both my children are in their 30's & were raised without fluoride .. they have great teeth. If a doctor prescribed fluoride tablets for you when your town water is fluoridated & he failed to ask that then he was negligent/inept.Neil A. Sunday 17 February, 2013 - 8:26 AM
#Ann Keys, your family is one of the fortunate ones whose genes obviously do not re-act to this toxic waste pollutant in the water. Do you have any sympathy for those who suffer systemic damage? Because myself and many of my friends and colleagues do have adverse re-actions; we have no choice which is the real issue.Sandra Sunday 17 February, 2013 - 7:39 AM