- Tunney talks
- NAPLAN moves online
- The Competition Policy Review
- Must Do Brisbane
- Must Do Brisbane
- How to negotiate your energy
- Friday Drinks 210314
- Must Do Brisbane
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jarad on Q Wine 070314 I listened to the 'Friday afternoon drinks' segment last Friday 7 march and Steve never mentioned where to get any of the ... more
- Dave on The Garden City peacock I am wondering if the peacock has been auctioned yet...i know it is nearly 12 months since the story but it has just been ... more
- Barry Wilson on 40 years of ignored complaints Well now it is the 1 st February 2014 and the community is still waiting for some drainage action to take place. Web site ... more
- Paul Pot on Should marijuana be taxed? No don't tax any-thing. Legalize it and tax income. more
- Allen Dawson on Technology dismantles, lives rebuilt This is really impressive way to rebuild the technology and to give new shape by rebuild. more
- Sharon Jackson on Mates4Mates: Sydney to Hobart Congratulations to Mates 4 Mates for taking on the challenge of the Sydney to Hobart race! I commend your bravery & courage. ... more
- mick on Qantas to cut 1,000 jobs Bob the mouth wants to be a Qantas FF but he nothing more than a Frequent Liar. more
- Craig on G20: Are we ready? The objective of Banks is not the conflict, it's the control of the debt that a conflict produces.The real value of a ... more
- James W on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly 'general public of good people' can arm themselves mick, join a gun club. more
- mick on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly If the police are allowed to take their weapons home if they feel threatened so why can't the general public of good people ... more
- mick on Gareth Evans on Mandela Really who cares what Gareth Evans thinks about on any matter. more
- Bob Lord on Bikie laws to be challenged We must control these bikies.One was arrested on the weekend for helping his partner sell second hand clothes in the wrong ... more
- Bob Lord on Qantas to cut 1,000 jobs Dear Mr JoyceI am an ex Qantas FF. The reason I no longer use your company is because you left passengers stranded around ... more
- Barra on Bikie laws to be challenged If the public do not like what the courts are doing why make laws against individuals. What about Radio announcers Darren ... more
- kernel fudpucker on High-speed rail inches closer Ask him who really owns this railway project, SERCO SERCO !! Wake up all you brainwashed idiots to the massive corporation ... more
- James W on Asylum seekers moved to Brisbane Scott Morrison your man if you want to keep foreigners away from Australia, he was responsible for the 'where the bloody ... more
- Sue on Dangerous development I am a casual operator at this Depo. more
- James W on Bizarre postcode allocations Post codes are developed by postal services for postal services purposes. If some other industry wants to use them, then ... more
- Colene Mae on Bizarre postcode allocations Good idea, but I do hope that they do not get so complicated as they are in Canada, for instance the post code for my friend ... more
- Colene Mae on Anonymous 'threat': cowardly Stooping to personal abuse is so typical of the fanatical. more
4BC Drive: South-east Queensland braces for a weekend of severe weather with flash flooding warnings and 100km/hr gusts.
Brisbane's Lord Mayor Graham Quirk, and Minister Mark McArdle, join Gary Hardgrave on dam water releases and flood preparation.
@Steve, yesCRY FREEDOM Thursday 7 February, 2013 - 11:30 AM
Of cause they did Bob the terms of reference given to these so called enquiries did not go far enough. But facts with the recent floods do not tell the lies that was told in 2011 nor the damage.mick Wednesday 6 February, 2013 - 12:19 AM
I'm pretty happy to go with the results of the Flood Commission and the CMC enquiry. Neither mentioned Bligh.
I'm pretty happy to the dam engineers to stick to their manual as it is adjusted after each flood event and as more is known about the way floodplains and infrastructure interact.
I'm not happy that CanLie chose to perform a political stunt to boost his fast flagging fortunes.
Waiting for his answer to the question "Did your political stunt of releasing water prior to Oswald's rain increase the danger of flooding in Brisbane?"
He didn't or couldn't answer it when asked and wanted to wait until after modelling had been done.
Has the modelling been done now CanLie?Bob Lord Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 9:03 AM
Anna flooded Brisbane through mismanagemet , end of story.
I knew it back then and the saga that followed just reinforced my theory.
Thanks Campbell for saving our city from the destruction that could haqve been.Rich Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 8:42 AM
Its a pity that Anna didn't do the same thing in 2011 Bob, it would have saved a lot of heartache.
Congrats to Campbell for saving so many homes from the destruction that Labor caused in the last flood through mismanagemnet and cover ups.Rich Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 8:38 AM
True story Steve.
Flood was 7 metres lower.
2011 , It had rained for over a month, Campbell Newman warned people of the3 impending wet season.
Anna chose to do nothing until it was too late.
We were still on water restrictions and the dams were bursting at the seams, still she chose to do nothing until the 11th hour where she opened the dam and flooded Brisbane.
You would have to be a cretin not to understand that mate.Rich Tuesday 5 February, 2013 - 8:36 AM