Get out of the garden and into someone elses
4BC Gardening Diary
4BC Talking Gardening: Get out of your own garden for just a moment and enjoy events and open gardens happening around Brisbane.
This is 4BC Talking Garden's weekly gardening diary.
11th – 12th May
· 9th May Bunnings Ladies Night at Stafford, 450 Stafford Rd, Stafford; Free Mother's Day Family Night, DIY workshop, make a gift for mum, Light refreshments provided and free gift wrapping. Ph: 3352 8800 www.bunnings.com.au;
· Huge Plant Sale by one our 4BC Garden Club participants for Mothers' Day Gifts; lots and lots of plants bromeliads, clivias, begonias, iris, euphorbias, hanging baskets and lots more, starting Fri 10th May from 9.00am & Sat 11th May, 3 Albert Street Margate, BYO Bags, any spare pots would be welcome.
· The Pumicestone district Orchid and Foliage Society Inc. is holding their "Mother's Day Orchid and Foliage Show" on Saturday 11th & 12th May 8.30am - 4.00pm, & Sun 8.30am - 2.30pm. Held at the Ningi Community Hall, Bribie Island Road, Ningi. They are having a continual sausage sizzle, plus other refreshments and of course beautiful orchids on display.
· Queensland Rose Society - The Auditorium, Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Mt. Coot-tha.. Saturday 11.30am -4.00pm; Sunday 9.00am-3.00pm. Admission $3.
· Aspley Orchid Society Mothers' Day Show –is being held at the Community Hall, Edinburgh Castle Rd, Wavell Heights, Saturday 8.30am-4.00pm Sunday 9.00am-3.30pm; Admission is $3. www.aspleyorchidsociety.com
· Herb Awareness are having their show on Sunday, great way to spend Mothers Day. It is held at the Albion Peace Hall, 102 McDonald Road, Windsor; Sunday only from 9.00am-4.00pm.
Open Gardens (10.30 – 4; Cost $7)
· Bellis (Jerry Coleby Williams garden) – 56 Daisy St, Wynnum,
· The Lost Gardens – 822 Cedar Creek Rd, Belli Park,
· Bell Church & Gardens – 25 Cassidy St, Bell,
· Hayfields – 520 Bunya Hwy, Dalby.